Indoor JaxsoNL5’s UBG - Mephisto vs Twenty20 Mendocino

Great update. Glad to see this up and running. My money is on the T20 bean popping first.

Just ran two T20 Triks myself. Lovely plants, very easy start to finish and the trim, just needed a touchup.

I have Adam and T20 strong out the gate, but Stan’s Meph gaining ground at the Rooter cube! Going to be a fun race, both are around the same time seed to harvest so should be nose to nose - terp to terp? - to the finish line!

Found your Blackwing thread with the Triks, will be reading through later and taking notes :bow:

Will be cool to see how the Triks compares smaller scale…I’ll be using 1 gal fabric pots in coco/perlite and an HLG rSpec 100 for flower. Growmies if you haven’t already check out @DCLXVI showing out and playing some fire Triks in 3 gal airpots in coco linked here -> using The HLG Blackwing <- first sign of flower by day 28, sprout to harvest in 77 days from what I gathered, straight beast mode :thumbsup:

Nic
Enough simmering, time to get things rollin!

NASC made that easy with a killer deal…two birds one order. Got the Triks BOGO with the Ogreberry freebie, plus the Femme Fatale and a Dirty Birdy freebies ftw :thumbsup:

View attachment 1569314

Will be dropping seeds in a soak later today…away we go!
Nice!

Germination
I have Adam and T20 strong out the gate, but Stan’s Meph gaining ground at the Rooter cube

Stan said Respect My Authoritayyyyy…and Genetiques! Too close to call on the bean pop, so Meph @stan_mephisto you get a point and Twenty20 @Twenty20 Adam you get a point, everybody gets a point!

B4A0CCCF-5D02-4DFF-A8FC-9E2E732EE3F4.jpeg

20 hour pre-soak (in a dark cabinet), then into moist paper towels (in open Ziplocs) on a heat mat (79 F). After 14 hours (34 total) they’re both hot out the gate! Giving them another 6-8 hours and into Rapid Rooter cubes.

100% germination so far from Twenty20 with Whiskey Zulu, X-Factor OG, and Trizzlers. These Triks BOGOs have been released for a hot minute, so NASC likely had these for a while…main point Twenty20 gear has been reliable AF!

BD99FC46-2534-41D4-87DB-E54EEF80F3D9.jpeg

I got this Skywalker x CDLC freebie twice. I used my older stock (5 pack) which has been stored for a year, so these are well over that age. This is 2/2 successful germ with Mephisto gear (other was Strawberry Nuggets x Livers, another freebie LOL).

99AA2AD6-48DB-4E83-8685-656CD8A581B8.jpeg

I’m foreseeing a lot of future Meph vs Twenty20 growdowns in my tent…if Meph’s Ravenberry gets released in the US soon maybe an Ogre vs Raven next? The possibilities are endless! Many danks for stopping by growmies :thumbsup:

Score:
Mephisto - 1
Twenty20 - 1

My personal favorites are Vidamints, Triks and Ogreberry. If you want something that's newer and still in R&D let me know
I DO like Ogreberry for her flavor with her high. I'm really impressed with Knows Candy for flavor, but she hits you like a fuggin Mack Truck.
My Vet friends are looking forward to Vidamints in this upcoming grow.

What aromas and flavors did you get?
Odd AF! LOL! The loudest girl ever growing, by a large margin! Very sweet fruity/grapey while growing. With about 16-17 day dry and a 6 weeks cure, the same sweet fruity/grapey with a creamy underlying taste..............then an odd ass funk comes in.:rofl:
It's an interesting funk and not bad tasting. She's a very flavorful smoke. I haven't pressed any, but the rosin should be VERY nice.
It's a great strain and a simple grow. Not a heavy feeder like Knows Candy. I think Ogreberry could get fairly big in a Regular Earthbox, but Knows Candy IS a Regular EB girl for sure. She went thru the nute bank I had mounded up well above the top of the planter. I underestimated her needs and played catchup later in the grow. She still produced very well. She's an easy lb in a Regular Earthbox.

I'm high AF at the moment. :rofl:
After reading this thread, I had to grind up a little of each and sample.:eyebrows::eyebrows:
I highly recommend both!

Back