The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

I feel for ya @Kyote ... the bugs got me real good a couple years ago and lost a bunch of seedlings outdoors. I’ve been spraying all my soil with nematodes the past two years. I also pick up my seedlings and bring them indoors or put them up on the bbq. So far so good. But noticed some pests in another part of my yard today. You’re damned if you do and are if you don’t.

A6C0AE00-7A65-4260-AD9E-9E79D2D72352.jpeg

@Waira Here’s some HSC Raspberry Parfait freshies on day 1 I will sub in for the gelato.

I feel for ya @Kyote ... the bugs got me real good a couple years ago and lost a bunch of seedlings outdoors. I’ve been spraying all my soil with nematodes the past two years. I also pick up my seedlings and bring them indoors or put them up on the bbq. So far so good. But noticed some pests in another part of my yard today. You’re damned if you do and are if you don’t.

View attachment 1326168
@Waira Here’s some HSC Raspberry Parfait freshies on day 1 I will sub in for the gelato.

@MasonJarOG

We are in the 2nd year of letting islands in the yard go feral and it will take a few more years to balance itself out.

The only thing used in the yard was some tanglefoot around the cherry tree to stop the ants from farming aphids, as predators aren't in the game here yet. There are a few leaves with aphids, so it would be a good time for some to show up.

Oh, and i have yeast n honey slug n snail traps in the ground by each plant that's in the earth.

Adding a lot of wood chips and other organic matter, allowing the grasses to grow tall. Wildflowers come up, first the yellow, then white, then the reds and purples. Apple, cherry, fig, and two plumb trees: strawberries, rasberries, and next year the first crop of blueberries. The birds will get most of the cherries, and we put in 10 blueberry bushes so there is enough for the birds as well. :thumbsup:

There are more birds, snakes, and other creepy crawly ones moving in daily to help out. It's the web of life, and it's all connected like one big fungus. And we are just one expression of the fungus :rofl:

Fungi we be!!:smoking:

update Bear 6/5
Here's my Wilderness on Day 40.
Started in the tent and realised there was no room, so i put her in the hedge opposite the garage,
Now sits about the garden in different locations lol

Not much going on with her, just that she was really steatching so I had to tie her down, wish I had of staked her upwards instead, but the wind was blowing her about crazy,

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_213629_edit_50469087692818.jpg
    IMG_20210604_213629_edit_50469087692818.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210604_213634_edit_50447771098030.jpg
    IMG_20210604_213634_edit_50447771098030.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210604_213653.jpg
    IMG_20210604_213653.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210604_213649.jpg
    IMG_20210604_213649.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
@Waira
Again, I'm hoping for the best with your PAK! Especially the pineapple aroma :drool:
If you are OK with reg's, there's a landrace Paki' called Aunt of Farook that's outstanding... I'm pretty sure seeds are out there someplace, I'll ask around if you're interested...

You caught my interest here. I did a bit of web searching and found Nordic Genetics (I think they're in Denmark) who seems to have Aunt of Farook (AOF) from the breeder: Derg Corra Collective. Not positive, but if they'll ship to USA it sounds like $25 + $17 postage for 10 regular seeds. Do you have some personal knowledge/experience with AOF? I read a couple of reviews that warn of pheno variations with a sativa bent and/or diminished potency.
:shrug: I really don't know nuthin'. But I might be willing to give "regulars" a first try if I thought this AOF could deliver an outstanding indica. Of course, the web search has now turned me on the presence of a landrace "cult" of breeders with extensive selection from exotic locations. :biggrin:

entry cannalush 6/5
Here is my official entry. I'm only entering these two auto plants at the moment, I might be starting some photo-period plants or getting some clones soon so I'm going to wait a bit before deciding on my third potential entry.

These pics were taken a couple or few days after germination, they are now almost 3 weeks along and I'll get more recent pics posted within a few days. I just happened to have these pics on my computer and I want to get in on this comp so I figured I'd post em' right now.

This is my very first time working with auto flowering genetics but I've grown the plant for a few years now, and only outdoors. This is the first online-community competition or "grow off" of any sort I've participated in lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how these things turn out, staying hopeful for some dank flowers, and looking forward to seeing what y'all grow as well.

MS_entry.jpg

SMC_entry.jpg

update Kyote 6/5
@Waira
Update #5

Start with the little ones waiting to go outside :thumbsup:

They will both get a feeding of Miicrobial Mass with their next rain water.

Blackberry Gum @ Day 5.5. Hang in there little one... me last Blackberry Gum seed - the surface is dry butz this is a 7 gallon bag, so lots of damp soil for those roots to find :smoking:
bbg6.jpg

Fast Buds Purple Punch is cruising @14 days with her lil buddy... will go outdoors with the next good stretch of sun and warm temperatures.
pp14.jpg

Red Mandarine struggling hard.. wifee says she will get her roots together soon and be ok... I hope so. I had me 2nd shot at noon Monday, and was having sweats and high fever by 6pm. Had a night of night terror's, soaked meself sweating, and the aches and all were not good. So Tuesday I go check me plants, and instead of waiting and thinking it through, I grabbed a jug and watered the RM. Well, later I checked the bottle, and it was a concentrated mixture of MC, around 2000ppm.:wall: So I watered with more straight rain water a couple times, and again today. So if this RM survives me, that would be nice. I did the same to the BBBG3 X CS, and she bounced out of it a lot better.
rm27.jpg

And BBBG3 x CS in the greenhouse is looking much better :biggrin:
bbbg3cs.jpg

So that'z that. Lesson learned. When not feeling well. LITFA :thumbsup:

Until next time grofolks :peace::pass:

I ne
Here's my Wilderness on Day 40.
Started in the tent and realised there was no room, so i put her in the hedge opposite the garage,
Now sits about the garden in different locations lol

Not much going on with her, just that she was really steatching so I had to tie her down, wish I had of staked her upwards instead, but the wind was blowing her about crazy,
I never done a tag for mine, can someone explain please about them?

@Waira

You caught my interest here. I did a bit of web searching and found Nordic Genetics (I think they're in Denmark) who seems to have Aunt of Farook (AOF) from the breeder: Derg Corra Collective. Not positive, but if they'll ship to USA it sounds like $25 + $17 postage for 10 regular seeds. Do you have some personal knowledge/experience with AOF? I read a couple of reviews that warn of pheno variations with a sativa bent and/or diminished potency.
:shrug: I really don't know nuthin'. But I might be willing to give "regulars" a first try if I thought this AOF could deliver an outstanding indica. Of course, the web search has now turned me on the presence of a landrace "cult" of breeders with extensive selection from exotic locations. :biggrin:
First I saw of them was several years ago, Stone the owner of The Autoflower Portal made picked some up. He is friends with Bald Monkey (Derg') who is the one who got these from a mate in the Old Country... a family farm, they raise their own cannabis as well; open pollination, small population, years and years in the family.... Then a former member here Stickman turned me onto them, which I tried to run 2 years ago, but I got skunked on females, 3/3 males instead! :doh:
Stick worked the line a little, he selected for the berry pheno... I know Baldy from here briefly, and now another private forum (Stick is there too)... I know Baldy did a fresh run in '20 - :thumbsup: ... I have no idea what the status of Nordic's stash is,... Let me ask at the other forum about other deals if you're interested! Are you in UK, I forget?

...Always there may be wonky pheno's, and/or "user error", so for reviews unless I know the grower at least from their journals, I tend to ignore... So far, from the many growers I know who have run AoF, all were quite happy! It's heavy meds, potent (seen tests in upper teens), tends to be naroc-sleepy, great for pain both of which Stick loved as his #1 girl for this.... She looks a lot like Deep Chunk, squat beefy build and dense frosty buds!
As a true landrace, she's not the easiest to grow, but your skills are plenty good to read the plant and adjust nutes if needed.

Back