Outdoor Bob takes Barneys Farm on a BioTabs tour inside the Greenhouse - Growing Strawberry Cheesecake Auto, Moby Dick Auto & Watermelon Zkittlez Auto

As promised the first three plants that made the greenhouse are....Moby Dick Auto, Strawberry Cheesecake Auto and Watermelon Zkittlez Auto.
Today is day 6. I've also some put some tomatoes and peppers along side them to keep 'm company. Put about 2L of water inside the tray so no one get's thirsty during the night. And I'll check that level tomorrow morning.
View attachment 1457955

As trays are expensive I found a cheap (read, free) solution to create me a couple of nice one's. They will be round because of where I'm going to cut them from, but beggars can't be choosers. I have several 200L/52gallon plastic barrels laying around which already should have been removed to the dump as I can't use them anymore. They are full of holes for input and output of water and an access hatch of and older project, but the bottom and the top of the barrels are intact. So I'm hoping on another cloudy day tomorrow and then I'll be good to get my jigsaw out and start cutting them off.

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Always something new going on with you Bob my friend :bighug: :d5::biggrin:

Always something new going on with you Bob my friend :bighug: :d5::biggrin:
As if you are sitting still at the moment, huh. Growing them nice and :growing:
But yeah, I can't sit still and now that I barely have no pain I'm like the little Duracell bunny that can't stop...sometimes running while walking is appropriate.
And so we come to this...Almost forgot. The temperature of the table is now at...oh yeah, look for yourself:headbang: And within 0.1°C which is amazing, but not completely true. During the night it can't hold it's temp and drops down to a 24.something°C, which is fine, but for colder seasons I should have opted for three parallel circuits instead of only two. When the time comes I'll be vacuuming the sand away so I get access to the cables underneath and I'll probably spend another day rewiring it. :shrug:

But for now, bask in the glory that is my Wifi enabled Heatbed (size 1.8m x 1m) :shooty:
2022-05-12-20-58-58-532.jpg

1652121535998_small.jpg

1652203592120_small.jpg

Regards,

Hey AFN Fam :bighug:

Second day in the greenhouse and they are all doing fine even though the temperature sat around 30°C / 86°F with spikes to 38°C / 100°F with the windows open :woohoo1:
Experience has though me that in the greenhouse you need to keep everything nice and wet. And as long as I keep watering the plants from the bottom I don't mess with the spongy texture that the soil has and oxygen can reach the roots, which are starting to emerge towards the sides of the pouches. :thumbsup:
1652444827939_small.jpg

Each seedling has started their second real leaflet which is fine by me. :thumbsup:
1652444827932_small.jpg

1652444827923_small.jpg

1652444827914_small.jpg

That's it for today...

Regards,

Got my eye on the Barney's. Always looking for the speedy growers up north. I'm putting LSD to the Arctic Acid test in my garden this go round. Supposed to be FHR(fast, hardy, resistant). We'll see,
Like your set-up, dialing into the sweet spot. Organic cotton soakers, nice touch :d5:

@DCLXVI, thanks for the rep buddy :toke:
Oh, something exciting happened today! But more about tab on Tuesday :biggrin: :goodluck:
Also, record temperature measured for this year!! 45°C / 113°C inside the greenhouse today and tomorrow will be even hotter. I must admit I was worried today as they are so small and didn't want to cook them. Did several checks to see if everyone was still happy inside and I was glad to see the seedlings standing firm and following the sun during the day.
1652544163741_small.jpg

Regards,

Got my eye on the Barney's. Always looking for the speedy growers up north. I'm putting LSD to the Arctic Acid test in my garden this go round. Supposed to be FHR(fast, hardy, resistant). We'll see,
Like your set-up, dialing into the sweet spot.
What's the Artic Acid test if I may ask? The LSD also looks yummy and also in Auto format. :thumbsup:

Organic cotton soakers, nice touch :d5:
Yeah, @Antonio_DutchPassion thought me that way of germinating. Adding the drop or two H2O2 is for my ease of mind.

What's the Artic Acid test if I may ask? The LSD also looks yummy and also in Auto format. :thumbsup:

Yeah, @Antonio_DutchPassion thought me that way of germinating. Adding the drop or two H2O2 is for my ease of mind.
Arctic Acid test for plants. The typical growing season is not too Cannabis friendly. Can always squeeze a decent harvest out of the greenhouse. The real test is for the plants in the garden. High winds, rad temp swings, rain, hopefully no snow or hail, and a growing season that is too short. Gonna be a hard freeze in Aug before harvest. Lots of fungus spores in the fall air. Light and heat go fast. Each stressor during grow adds time which the grow don't have. Vig and speed be key......

Arctic Acid test for plants. The typical growing season is not too Cannabis friendly. Can always squeeze a decent harvest out of the greenhouse. The real test is for the plants in the garden. High winds, rad temp swings, rain, hopefully no snow or hail, and a growing season that is too short. Gonna be a hard freeze in Aug before harvest. Lots of fungus spores in the fall air. Light and heat go fast. Each stressor during grow adds time which the grow don't have. Vig and speed be key......
Wow August already frost! And how soon before you can put plants outside in the spring? You must live very high up North to have such a short summer.

I can transplant from window grow into greenhouse about June 1. Plants that are a month old will have 3 more in the gh. The fast ones will finish around last week July into first week Aug. The big and the slow will probably go into first week Sept. By then the grow season is rapidly devolving.
June 1 or soish, lol, I'll seed a bunch of pots in greenhouse that will go out back and garden around July 1. If they aren't ready by last week Aug, back into the greenhouse. The garden plants, being rooted for the duration, ride the Arctic Acid test to the end.
Oh yeah.....67N.....do the math, it's mostly subtraction:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back