Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Trichome & Cream and Auto Mimosa Punch on BioTabs

I can't wait to see this progress. Good growing, dude. I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines! :)

Over the last 10-11 years I've been eyeing DP's genetics and now I see that their Autoflowering line has increased since I last checked a few years ago. I take it that Think Different strain is no longer their top 1 auto? :? TD was and still is one of the strains I'd most like to give a shot at growing autos for my first time. IF there are any other good/new auto strains out in the world that'd been released over the last few years that pack an impressive punch in buzz/effects(I could care less about yield), I'd love to know and hear out your suggestion! :]

Lots of solid choices when you talk about our Autoflowering genetics mate...

Think Different is a classic, and if you never grew something of us then this is a good start..

Like you say, the genetics definitely improved during the years and its still work in progress.

A few of my personal favorites are :

Auto Cinderella Jack - most potent one and super terpy!
Auto Orange Bud - citrus all the way baby!
Auto Ultimate - massive yielder and strong overall quality
Auto Night Queen - night cap weed, very potent and sticky!
Auto Euforia - strong overall, nice resistance and strength, also very suitable for outdoor growing

There are many others that are nice for various reasons but I didn't want to make the list too long for you.. a top 5 strains is something you can cherry pick from:headbang:

Sounds like a great list to refer back to. Many thanks!

Photo-wise, I had Cindy99 on my list to grow some years ago but never got the chance even though I heard such good things if you happen to find the proper phenos or a clone of a good mother... I should definitely add DP's Auto Cinderella Jack on my Strains of Interest list...and possibly a sedating one like the Auto Night Queen you just mentioned...or the Auto Orange Bud.

A lot of strains nowadays sound good in product info/text...but it's hard to tell what strains are truly "Impressive/unique" strains in certain categories regarding the Potency(high/buzz-wise potency; medical effects-wise potency [and for example] whether a particular strain is better at targeting upper/lower back pain vs pain in the legs), quality of the high/buzz, and uniqueness of the high/buzz. ((I might just be really picky and quite hard to satisfy. I could very well make a good pheno-hunter out of myself in the breeding game once I win the lottery or get the chance in general))

Day 8
Looks like I'm a tad late to the party but I'm definitely following along. Looking excellent so far as always @Bob's Auto's! :pop:
No problem brother. You made it, that's the important part :thumbsup:
Just for you...Another time lapse :cheers:

Love the time lapses, so cool to just watch them slowly grow up. What camera do you use for it? Been considering one of those wyze cameras myself.
These time lapses are made with a Yi 4K action camera, with alternate firmware so it hosts an FTP server from which I can download the pictures taken. They don't make them anymore, but there is a newer version (for which I haven't found alternate firmware yet). Here's a link to it.
If I'm correct here I explain how I made the time lapses :pass:

Hey growers :toke:

While the last outdoor harvest is drying in the shed this grow is starting to gain speed. You'll see that the last couple of seconds (10 seconds = approx. 24 hours) the leaves start to expand more rapidly...So without further ado here's todays time lapse. Speed = 25fps, duration = 28 hours.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Day 11 - Transplanting
Hey friends :cheers:

Went to the tent to take some pictures and feed the girls some Silicium Flash, but instead this is what I saw poking through the pouches...
1664119218763_small.jpg

Yup, the roottips tell me it's time to transplant these into their final pots...
1664119218760_small.jpg

So I got to work and gathered everything needed....The four pots filled with the prepared and activated soil...
1664119218788_small.jpg

...Some Mycotrex, a spoon and a cup...
1664119218779_small.jpg

Let's not forget our girls, ready to be transplanted. :thumbsup:
Auto Trichome & Cream - Day 11
1664119218776_small.jpg

Auto Mimosa Punch - Day 11
1664119218773_small.jpg

Auto Do-Si-Dos - Day 11
1664119218771_small.jpg

Amnesia x Something-something - Day 11
1664119218767_small.jpg

I dug a hole, used my hand as this was wide enough for the pouch to fit inside...
1664119218757_small.jpg

...Sprinkled in some Mycotrex...
1664119218752_small.jpg

...And inserted the seedling, pouch and all...
1664119218747_small.jpg

The soil from the hole got dumped on top and spread out. Next I divided the 1L I mixed up with Silicium Flash between the pots. Making sure most of it got into the center, where it's needed the most. Then went and mixed up another liter of water with some Bactrex and divided that as well over the pots.
1664119218745_small.jpg

So all the pots got about half a liter of water with the necessary additions.
And then it was time for the BioTabs themselves :jump:
1664122259392_small.jpg

Two tabs per pot. One pressed about 5cm's / 2" deep and one double that. I also connected the DIY airdomes to my 100L/H pump.
1664122259384_small.jpg

And lastly, the values inside the tent...
Light = 25%
Extraction = Off
Monkeyfan = lowest setting
Temperature and humidity are still settling down after my visit. But I can see now, I'll have to turn on my extraction fan later on as +80% is to much of a good thing...
2022-09-25-17-22-22-985_small.jpg

And here's a time lapse from yesterday until I transplanted the ladies today.

Regards,

Last edited:
Day 13
Hey Growmies :cheers:

Another fine day today. Nothing much to tell you guys except for that the Trichome & Cream did something strange with it's next node...
1664257806822_small.jpg

Think it will be alright, but just in case...You saw it here first :biggrin:
1664257806819_small.jpg

The Mimosa Punch is doing it's thing :thumbsup:
1664257806815_small.jpg

My Amnesia cross is looking alright and chugging along in the last wagon being the smallest of the four. :wiz:
1664257806809_small.jpg

And another update for @pop22 from my Do-Si-Dos. She's doing alright brother :cheers:
1664257806806_small.jpg

Group shot!! :pass:
1664257806800_small.jpg

I did turn on the extraction fan on ever so slightly. This in turn lowered the temperature, so I turned the lights from 25% to 50%. And this combination resulted in the values below. Temperature is ok, but humidity is to low, so I'm going to turn the light down from 50% to 40% on my next visit, which is later today.
2022-09-27-18-20-55-582_small.jpg

And to wrap things up for todays post, here's another time lapse. Duration 39 hours, speed = 25fps. :thanks:

Regards,

Day 16
Hey friends,

Took a day off yesterday, did the upgrade tot Win11 on all but my production machine. Must say...Looks and feels nice. But that's not why you are here for :crying:

Let's begin with our Trichome & Cream. It seems she didn't develop the third fanleaf...
1664523797387_small.jpg

It looks damaged, so I'm going to take credit for that mistake. :wall:
Anyway, the next set of leaves is already there, so no harm done :biggrin:
1664523797394_small.jpg

The Mimosa Punch is looking really nice and she's causing me no trouble at all.
@Vapo, should I be topping just above the second node, remove the first node shoots and spread out those second node shoots? What would you suggest I do, because I would really like to do at least one grow Vapo style :headbang:
1664523797382_small.jpg

Here's a better view from the side...
1664523797377_small - Edit.jpg

Next up...the Do-Si-Dos...Also no troublemaker in the tent...:thumbsup:
1664523797367_small.jpg

And my own Amnesia cross. She's starting to take off! :wiz:
1664523797364_small.jpg

I turned down the extraction fan a tad, slowing down the amount of humid air that gets removed.
1664523797361_small.jpg

Also turned down the light from 50 to this setting...
1664523797353_small.jpg

This resulted in below values for the tent. Not bad at all...:jump:
2022-09-30-09-44-47-57_small.jpg

Anyway, here's what most of you were waiting for...The next time lapse. Duration about three days, speed = 25fps. Don't forget to look at the soil, it still kinda freaks me out a bit! :yoinks::haha:

Regards,

Back