The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

The one I have will take high winds, however, a straightline wind is like getting hit by a freight train. It's one sudden gust that can happen even on a calm day, and with speeds of 70MPH or more! It can leave trails of destruction that looks like tornado damage.

Also, I can have a clear cover..........

Here it is in the background from last year

View attachment 1310994
Yes, I know the type. Frame is like that of a partytent and the cover is molded or sown.
In my younger years I tried to stop one from taking off... I lost :wall:
The advantage is that you can plant straight at the edge. I wish you good luck with the clear cover. If it's to much you can tone it down with greenhouse paint. It'll wash away, but it'll take quite a few rainshowers.

It ripped the stakes holding it down right out of the ground. I just bought some new ones made from 4ft lengths od 1/2" rebar with a ring welded to them. My ground is shale and very difficult to drive stakes into. I just pounded these in with a sledge hammer! they are NOT coming out lol. I'm also going to drive one in about 8 ft out in front of the greenhouse and I'll run a cable from the peak to the stake, as pressure at the peak of this style is what colapses this style frame. I'm also going to cable the frame inside like they do with barns when the straighten them up, it makes the frames more rigid.

Yes, I know the type. Frame is like that of a partytent and the cover is molded or sown.
In my younger years I tried to stop one from taking off... I lost :wall:
The advantage is that you can plant straight at the edge. I wish you good luck with the clear cover. If it's to much you can tone it down with greenhouse paint. It'll wash away, but it'll take quite a few rainshowers.

Two days ago, I found my greenhouse destroyed by wind, probably a Straighline wind event ( has happened here before ). I was seriously depressed, this was the third greenhouse in 7 years ruined. However, I discovered the next day that the frame was actually in fairly good shape. So after some pondering, I ordered a new cover. It was about due for one anyway, I was going to squeeze another year out of the old one lol. SO........... my timing is now screwed, my transplant autos have been put in pots as they could not stay in the starter pots any longer. At least I'll still be able to run the photo periods as planned.
:yoinks::cuss::wall:-- shit the damn bed!! ... That really sucks wang pop', talk about lousy luck!
No way to secure a small GH like that against near hurricane force winds, especially that type of wind (directional).... I'm just glad the bones are still OK so a recover will will get you back in action soon enough!

Can i get involved in this please @Waira
I've 12 blueberry seedlings 1 day old now i intend to use for a Gorrilla grow, And a tent full of autos I've just started on and after 4/20
:greenthumb:belly up Bear, you are welcome! Just be sure to read the rules and such in the first post so you know what the deal is, and ain't-- :jointman:

The Entry Code card is our simple way to get Officially entered and in the running... In past Contests/Battles, this helped keep conniving twats from trying any slick shit, like plant swapping, date fudging/late entry, stuff like that,... Never been any issue in this Comp though, far too many shrewd eyes on them and far fewer plants entered- :eyebrows: ...Same deal with the Harvest Code card at the end...
I'd make your card up only after you have them on site and ready to rock!
If you're going guerilla, then we can work with fewer updates per month due to the inherent difficulties with this,...

:greenthumb:belly up Bear, you are welcome! Just be sure to read the rules and such in the first post so you know what the deal is, and ain't-- :jointman:

The Entry Code card is our simple way to get Officially entered and in the running... In past Contests/Battles, this helped keep conniving twats from trying any slick shit, like plant swapping, date fudging/late entry, stuff like that,... Never been any issue in this Comp though, far too many shrewd eyes on them and far fewer plants entered- :eyebrows: ...Same deal with the Harvest Code card at the end...
I'd make your card up only after you have them on site and ready to rock!
If you're going guerilla, then we can work with fewer updates per month due to the inherent difficulties with this,...
Excellent thankyou, I've found a spot near a forest that has good light all day need to test the soil but it looks andf feels like loam and peat, the area is were they used to cut peat and then planted a forest on top of it 30 odd year ago, willgo a cycle down tomorrow for a proper check

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_144315.jpg
    IMG_20210426_144315.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 19
Back