The 2021 Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition!

Farms around here seem to be planting peas this year.
Lots of rows of little pea seedlings already up.
Trying to work out what kind of pea they are, therefore when they harvest them.
Do I have a enough time to sneak some autos in a pea field??
May be too tall as well!
Back to Googling local farming data, haha.

@Waira ok, gollee, i know i said i'd do this yesterday, buuuuut, what can i say, me got more than a bit buzzzzzed for 4.20, so...:smoking: anyhoo, here'z me tentative list of what i'll be growin outside this year :thumbsup: i'll be growin a total of 15 diff strainz this summer, both auto & photo, but 6 of thoze will be grown inside, and thus, won't apply here ;) of the 9 plantz outside (6 autoz, 3 photoz), 6 will be linda seedz' own in-house strainz, and the twenty20 bean is already obligated to the t20 g&s, and thus, also won't apply here ;) the plan is to start the photoz inside, probly next week sometime, then tranzplant em outside in late may-to-first of june, depending on night tempz at the time...it'll be my first real go with photoz, so i'm basically wingin it with them, lol :rolleyes2: the autoz will be goin drop-to-chop outside, and thus, won't be gettin planted til the same time frame ;) but anyway, the list...:thumbsup: ppp

autoz...
1x auto gelato (female seedz) - this one was a given, cuz i luv the strain, plus, it'z what i won last year'z od comp with, so...:muahaha:
1x whiskey zulu (twenty20 mendicino - n/a to this comp)

1x nyc diesel (linda seedz)
1x big bud (linda seedz)
1x somango (linda seedz)
1x banana punch (linda seedz)

photoz...

1x ak (linda seedz)
1x cheeze (linda seedz)
1x dank the tank (jean-o geneticz)

Farms around here seem to be planting peas this year.
Lots of rows of little pea seedlings already up.
Trying to work out what kind of pea they are, therefore when they harvest them.
Do I have a enough time to sneak some autos in a pea field??
May be too tall as well!
Back to Googling local farming data, haha.
...I'd be concerned about what crap they may spray on those bug-loved peas! :eek1:
Topped auto's may stay squat enough to keep stealthy...

@Waira ok, gollee, i know i said i'd do this yesterday, buuuuut, what can i say, me got more than a bit buzzzzzed for 4.20, so...:smoking: anyhoo, here'z me tentative list of what i'll be growin outside this year :thumbsup: i'll be growin a total of 15 diff strainz this summer, both auto & photo, but 6 of thoze will be grown inside, and thus, won't apply here ;) of the 9 plantz outside (6 autoz, 3 photoz), 6 will be linda seedz' own in-house strainz, and the twenty20 bean is already obligated to the t20 g&s, and thus, also won't apply here ;) the plan is to start the photoz inside, probly next week sometime, then tranzplant em outside in late may-to-first of june, depending on night tempz at the time...it'll be my first real go with photoz, so i'm basically wingin it with them, lol :rolleyes2: the autoz will be goin drop-to-chop outside, and thus, won't be gettin planted til the same time frame ;) but anyway, the list...:thumbsup: ppp
What pot sizes are you using for outside brudda? Are you going from starter pots to final ones directly? I'm figuring that like me, you need them to stay on the smaller side, 4-6' at most... I use 10gal pots, and those are usually solid roots by mid bloom! Fabric pots are very helpful in keeping the roots for choking themselves out IMO...Tighter shoes does speed them up some which is a plus usually though, however, root cramped pots are pretty squirrely with pH drfting so a heads up on that...
Topping is something to consider as well, think I'll be doing that more this year. I'm also kicking around the idea of starting them a bit later, maybe 2nd week of June. A little less veg time to blow up basically... Yield isn't a factor at all, and last year in the KIS Organics amended soil they went apeshite in it during veg, and blew through what nute reserves were in that meager 10gal pot by early bloom- :doh: ...The plan is to try and keep them smaller, and in my case, likely a 5gal--> 10 gal transplanting step to keep more nute rich soil available.... 5er's will trick them some (I hope!) into staying smaller during veg :goodluck:

ooops! hit post too soon- :rofl:

Aaaanyway, ... good looking line-up 420', and I'll be keen on seeing how Linda's genetics pan out. AK and Cheese are classics, though I'd watch that Cheese closely for mold toward the last stages... Jean's DTT will be solid across the board I believe!

I've got a Linda Mazar XL auto, 4ft. tall in a one gallon pot! I've been very pleased with the various strains I've tried. Just planted their Afghan Skunk auto!

ooops! hit post too soon- :rofl:

Aaaanyway, ... good looking line-up 420', and I'll be keen on seeing how Linda's genetics pan out. AK and Cheese are classics, though I'd watch that Cheese closely for mold toward the last stages... Jean's DTT will be solid across the board I believe!

What pot sizes are you using for outside brudda? Are you going from starter pots to final ones directly?

the photoz will be started inside in 1 gal potz, then tranzplanted outside into 7 gal potz...the autoz will be goin drop to chop outside into 2.5-3 gal potz ;) i'm not overly concerned about height on the photoz, cuz 2 of em are indi dom anyway & shouldn't go over 6 ft or so i figger...the ak may end up a diff story, lol, but we'll see...:thumbsup: ppp

Two days ago, I found my greenhouse destroyed by wind, probably a Straighline wind event ( has happened here before ). I was seriously depressed, this was the third greenhouse in 7 years ruined. However, I discovered the next day that the frame was actually in fairly good shape. So after some pondering, I ordered a new cover. It was about due for one anyway, I was going to squeeze another year out of the old one lol. SO........... my timing is now screwed, my transplant autos have been put in pots as they could not stay in the starter pots any longer. At least I'll still be able to run the photo periods as planned.

Two days ago, I found my greenhouse destroyed by wind, probably a Straighline wind event ( has happened here before ). I was seriously depressed, this was the third greenhouse in 7 years ruined. However, I discovered the next day that the frame was actually in fairly good shape. So after some pondering, I ordered a new cover. It was about due for one anyway, I was going to squeeze another year out of the old one lol. SO........... my timing is now screwed, my transplant autos have been put in pots as they could not stay in the starter pots any longer. At least I'll still be able to run the photo periods as planned.
Hey Pop,

Have a look at these guys. The harder you tighten the plastic the better it will be able to withstand storms and such.

This is how I build my greenhouse and I'm touching wood, but it still stands after four years it's still standing.

Regards,

B

The one I have will take high winds, however, a straightline wind is like getting hit by a freight train. It's one sudden gust that can happen even on a calm day, and with speeds of 70MPH or more! It can leave trails of destruction that looks like tornado damage.

Also, I can have a clear cover..........

Here it is in the background from last year

Veggies pic1 -7-9-2020.jpg

Hey Pop,

Have a look at these guys. The harder you tighten the plastic the better it will be able to withstand storms and such.

This is how I build my greenhouse and I'm touching wood, but it still stands after four years it's still standing.

Regards,

B

The one I have will take high winds, however, a straightline wind is like getting hit by a freight train. It's one sudden gust that can happen even on a calm day, and with speeds of 70MPH or more! It can leave trails of destruction that looks like tornado damage.

Also, I can have a clear cover..........

Here it is in the background from last year

View attachment 1310994

man, i hear ya on the straightline windz...we get thoze now & again in the heartland...it'z like, u'll see a stormfront comin in & it'z dead calm (the calm before the storm, lol), then literally outa nowhere, a 50 mph wind will fire up & blow everything off to oz, ahh! :yoinks: :doh: ppp

Back