Dutch Passion Bob takes Dutch Passion on a BioTabs tour inside the Greenhouse - Growing Auto SFV OG, Auto MAC #1 & Auto Oh My Gusher on BioTabs

Hey Friends :toke:

As you might have read in the official thread...We have a lift off!!! 🚀 Whooohoooo 9 out of 9!!! Dutch Passion rules!! :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:
1683055358747 _small.jpg

I decided to sow the germs/sprouts into a germination tray. This way they were in the 'same boat' with the 'others' :rofl:
1683055358730 _small.jpg

I filled the tray with fresh lightmix, which I dumped in the tray and leveled out by shaking it vigorously. This got dampened with a pressure sprayer set to the slightest of misting. This way the airy structure of the soil remains intact. Very soon we'll be able to make our choices, but for now you'll just have to trust me that the sprouts have been planted at said locations ⬇️
1683055358734 _small.jpg

Who am I kidding?? Of course I have some more 'evidence' for you guys :pass:
After carefully planting the sprout against the wall of the hole, I pressed some soil from the opposite side towards the sprout. Meanwhile spraying my tool (a pencil) with the sprayer. This closed up the hole, very gently :thumbsup:
1683055358742 _small.jpg

This one got a tad to much water, which gave it a premature start... This made me decide to add more lightmix to top these sprouts up and level the playing field. I am going to have to make a choice which one to keep. Better for me to choose based upon some deficiancy or genetic then something on my part :shrug:
I know the soil looks very wet, but fear not. These pictures were taken while I was busy planting, so...no sprouts have been waterboarded in shooting this post, I promise 🤞
1683055358751 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Day 1 - Germination
Hey Friends,

All the ladies have show their pretty faces and look how they are smiling!!! I'm calling today day 1!!!
For all of you who are worrying, this is moments after I sprayed the soil with the plant sprayer. Even though with the plastic lid on top, there are still small gaps where airflow can get through. This is fine as humidity sits at 75%, which is humid enough for these little ones...at least, that's what my VPD value says, which is at 0.63kPa :thumbsup: But also dries out the soil faster then I would like. So every day I'll visit my tent to spray the surface and make sure those little ones get what's coming to them :eyebrows:
1683288066633 _small.jpg

Team Dutch Passion is 3 for 3 in all categories :woohoo1:
All nine seeds germinated and the seedlings are in perfect condition!!
1683288066605 _small.jpg

1683288066609 _small.jpg

1683288066601 _small.jpg

1683288066597 _small.jpg

1683288066594 _small.jpg

This one got a bit of manual help in removing it's helmet. First wetted the helmet by balancing a droplet of water to it and letting it sit for a couple of minutes. Then ever so gently use a pair of tweezers, pressed closed, to open the helmet's gap or crack...Push the tweezers into the gap and then let go of the pressure in your hand so the tweezers open up. This should pull one of the two halfs away from the leaves. Gently push the other half away from the plant. If it sticks, use another drop of water to soften things up. And try, try again.
1683288066590 _small.jpg

Another helmet that's stuck to a piece of leave. Wetted with a drop of water...
1683288066587 _small.jpg

...After which the helmet came away :coffee:
1683288066583 _small.jpg

Regards,

Bob

Back