What will be the Final Yield For Think Big?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Gax Dutch Passion is correct, virtually all of the TB grows I have seen have all started to flower early and the real weight gets packed on during flowering from what I have seen. Also there are a couple of things that I have questions about, in your description am I reading that right and you are only feeding them rain water????? Also when you say a "full day" of sun how many hours of DIRECT sunlight are those plants getting? I am willing to bet that they aren't getting enough light. Also what you have to realize about growing outdoor autoflowers is that even if you are getting 12 hours of direct sunlight that is still no where near the 18,20 or even 24 that some folks use indoors. Indoor Autos will almost always get bigger than outdoor autos, so just keep that in mind. I have been growing DP genetics for over 10 years and trust me they are not at fault, if you get 1 bad bean maybe but not all of them. If you see a problem over ALL of your plants it is most likely something you did versus something one of the oldest Cannabis Breeders on the planet did, just sayin. Dutch Passion is one of the sponsors of this site so bashing them is probably not the best strategy to get help. With that said I am here to try and help you find out why your XXL autos aren't getting XXL. However I will ask that you start another thread in the Dutch Passion, so we don't hijack this thread. Also sorry @Grim Reefer for ranting on your thread

You may get weight but you won't get height & side branches = yield. Super autos have "stretching" phase that happens after pre-flowers show off. This phase lasts for 1-3 weeks and is most important to gain the plant size because plants grow rapidly during this period. My plants basically got straight into flowering = small plants, no matter how big buds will be unless they would stretch during flowering which don't seem to be the case here. They basically stopped stretching. Actually, they don't even started to stretch and that's the problem. Also, one think to note is that one of the TB has almost none side branches (they are like 2-3 inches long, compared to AutoMazar it's nothing). That is why I at least tried to LST them but failed anyway.

Considering watering, yes, I've been using pH corrected rain water only because plagron royal has 1.5-2.0 EC and it's prefertilized for 6+ weeks. I don't need any additional nutes until in early flowering. Maybe that high nutrient content (phosphorus) in soil may caused early flowering (some plants may start flowering early if you put bloom nutes too soon). But, as I've said, AutoMazar has no problems with it.

Light. They get 12-13 hours direct sunlight. It's not indoors right but as I've already said before, my plants at day around 25 were basically the same size as most indoor grows I've seen including Reefer's. I think this is *good enough* considering that I've seen 200+ g AutoMazars and Think Differents grown outdoors - even in worse climate conditions than mine. I wouldn't underestimate sunlight. :]

I didn't want to hijack this thread or anything. Just wanted to give my experince on TB strain. I didn't want in any way to rant on DP. I know they"re **** great, that got me mad even more :]. I'm just sad it doesn't go well especially when my side by side AutoMazar in the same growing conditions grows **** awesome. Ironically, it was from free seed pack :]. Maybe I should take some patience and wait how it turns out.

Last edited:
Hi @Gax

Im not sure why the Think Bigs you have are flowering so fast and not branching out. I have found that TB is a little sensitive to LST so you have to be really careful with her or else you might cause some stress. This could be your problem but then again im not sure. Be sure to grow them out and see what happens you might be surprised. Nice plants by the way man even if you are not happy with some of them.

Hi @Gax

Im not sure why the Think Bigs you have are flowering so fast and not branching out. I have found that TB is a little sensitive to LST so you have to be really careful with her or else you might cause some stress. This could be your problem but then again im not sure. Be sure to grow them out and see what happens you might be surprised. Nice plants by the way man even if you are not happy with some of them.
Hi Grim Reefer, thanks for reply and you know what? It actually MAY be the LST problem you are talking about. I did LST too late, at day 30, which is just 3 days before these photos were taken AND I've just found out (I've been checking and writing height every day) that at day 28 they were growing nice (3-4 centimeters), at day 29 it was about 2 cm (bad weather) and right after day 30 when I did LST they've grown some (just bent up a bit after I LST'd them) and then they seemed to slow and stopped. I've been thinking about this too but my AutoMazar has no problems at all so I ruled it out. Maybe that it's true and it's strain specific. I suppose unLSTing wouldn't help right? :] It's autoflower after all...

Hi Grim Reefer, thanks for reply and you know what? It actually MAY be the LST problem you are talking about. I did LST too late, at day 30, which is just 3 days before these photos were taken AND I've just found out (I've been checking and writing height every day) that at day 28 they were growing nice (3-4 centimeters), at day 29 it was about 2 cm (bad weather) and right after day 30 when I did LST they've grown some (just bent up a bit after I LST'd them) and then they seemed to slow and stopped. I've been thinking about this too but my AutoMazar has no problems at all so I ruled it out. Maybe that it's true and it's strain specific. I suppose unLSTing wouldn't help right? :] It's autoflower after all...

From what I have read. Trying to undoe the LST still won't restore the growth from stunting. But it can't hurt.

On another note. Start a journal and post the link here. Then others could chime on and share their experience and offer any guidance. Good luck getting it sorted.

@Grim Reefer ... When is the big announcement concerning your top secret grow going to happen? I might get stoned. But I haven't forgot about that yet. You should know that stoners left to wonder about what it could possibly be are thinking all kinds of crazy shite.

For instance... Will you be playing a sounds of the rainforest CD the whole time?

Back