SANlight sanlight EVO 140 and 60 series perpetual grow with biotabs Dutch passion kerosine krash sssc and seedstockers

Couple of pics from last night of the 2x2 tent the big moby dick from seedstockers is in biotabs but I'm concerned she's looking hungry I also give her 20ml of oragatex early in the week and I started her off with 2 biotabs being an autoflower but she is in a 15 ltr pot so I'm unsure how to proceed so @Bob's Auto's what's your take on it maybe top dress View attachment 1480218View attachment 1480219View attachment 1480220

Just finished a couple MD's this spring, and one of them was a hungry bush.. looking real good! :thumbsup:

biotabs help bob
sorry I don't have the flash stuff also early in the week I gave it 20ml of orgatrex and 1 gram of bactrex and I haven't seen any improvement in the colour so how would you proceed if I was to make a fresh pick me up for her say in a couple of days
Which products do you have? The silicium Flash is a real life saver in cases like this. It's chockful with directly absorbable nutrients. Two days after applying you'll notice the difference. But since you don't have that on the ready I would crush up a BioTab and top dress with half of it. Water this in with 1L water, 5ml Orgatrex, 1gr Bactrex and 2ml Bio PK 5-8 per plant. But do remember that the BioTabs are slow release.

Also here are my 4 strawberry cookie photos on liquid food waiting to be flipped in maybe a week but the girl in the middle @Bob's Auto's is my other biotab girl and she's been great besides a little brown specs that I treated with calmag so both on the same routine and she too had the drink at the start of the week View attachment 1480387View attachment 1480388View attachment 1480389
I mainly use the Orgatrex as a feed for the myco in the soil as I build it up conform the 'Just Add Water Strategy'. So my soil is very active and uses the molasses and vinasse to feed the mycelium with it's carbohydrates. Karel told me that if I should run into issues I should use the Silicium Flash so that's what I've been doing.

I forgot that I crumbled a biotab on top of soil, mixed in and watered. The biotabs pk I'd use at the full dose 3ml every watering. Could probably get away with more.

I have no experience with the ecothrive range. Had a read on their website and it looks like it doesn't need a lot as a top dress. 1 - 2 tbls per 20-40l soil but says not to use it 5 weeks before harvest?

Qb
Good idea about the BioTab, but I would start with half as these tabs are chockfull with nutrients.
If your plants are full on in flower 3ml will do the trick, but don't forget the PK Booster Compost Tee. Besides the right nutrients it will also provide the soil with a different kinds of bacteria which will assimilate and convert the raw P & K nutrients to a directly available nutrient which the plants can uptake.

Which products do you have? The silicium Flash is a real life saver in cases like this. It's chockful with directly absorbable nutrients. Two days after applying you'll notice the difference. But since you don't have that on the ready I would crush up a BioTab and top dress with half of it. Water this in with 1L water, 5ml Orgatrex, 1gr Bactrex and 2ml Bio PK 5-8 per plant. But do remember that the BioTabs are slow release.

I mainly use the Orgatrex as a feed for the myco in the soil as I build it up conform the 'Just Add Water Strategy'. So my soil is very active and uses the molasses and vinasse to feed the mycelium with it's carbohydrates. Karel told me that if I should run into issues I should use the Silicium Flash so that's what I've been doing.

Good idea about the BioTab, but I would start with half as these tabs are chockfull with nutrients.
If your plants are full on in flower 3ml will do the trick, but don't forget the PK Booster Compost Tee. Besides the right nutrients it will also provide the soil with a different kinds of bacteria which will assimilate and convert the raw P & K nutrients to a directly available nutrient which the plants can uptake.

I agree with the Silicium Flash. I use it in my initial soil mix now even though I don't use biotabs anymore. Keeps the cal/mag deficiencies at bay.

You seem to know a lot more about the intricacies than me. Hopefully I can pick your brains about organic growing.

Do you reuse your soil after harvest? Someone on here told me they do and they don't need to use the bactrex , mycotrex or startrex as the soil is still active. Is that correct?

It may even have been yourself who said it.

Cheers
Qb

I agree with the Silicium Flash. I use it in my initial soil mix now even though I don't use biotabs anymore. Keeps the cal/mag deficiencies at bay.

You seem to know a lot more about the intricacies than me. Hopefully I can pick your brains about organic growing.

Do you reuse your soil after harvest? Someone on here told me they do and they don't need to use the bactrex , mycotrex or startrex as the soil is still active. Is that correct?

Cheers
Qb
he a great grower @Bob's Auto's and I trust his judgement as he's killing it with biotabs but as I'm a coco grower I still prefer the bottled nutes route as its the way I've had the most success also I will keep you folks posted on my progress and thanks Qb your a top bloke .... @Kyote a big thanks your way too for your tips

Cheers
Qb
Right right, I think it was me. Don't know for sure, but it sounds like something I would say :)
Yeah, the soil can be reused. Remove the first 5cm's /2" from the top and cut out the stem beneath the soil and add some sort of enzyme product which will start digesting the starches in the roots followed by a dose Bactrex and Mycotrex...Wet the soil and keep it wet until you're ready to use it again so the bacterial cultures don't die off. If you have to keep the soil for longer periods then you'll have to add some Orgatrex once in a while to keep the mycelium fed. The bacteria will feast on the roots and provide the next plant with it's stored nutrients.

Another thing I'm trying with the soil from my tent is this...I dumped it in a bin and stacked it on top of my worm tower. That was a month and a half ago and the worms are feasting on the roots. I also dumped in the remainder of the Steinernema carpocapsae which I had left over from a Fungus Gnat infestation in the greenhouse which I hope will keep the soil clean from all other baddies...

he a great grower @Bob's Auto's and I trust his judgement as he's killing it with biotabs but as I'm a coco grower I still prefer the bottled nutes route as its the way I've had the most success also I will keep you folks posted on my progress and thanks Qb your a top bloke .... @Kyote a big thanks your way too for your tips
Thank you for the rep brother. And thanks for the kind words :redface:
I know what you mean. I was sceptic at first to, coming from a pure chemical nutrient background. But before my first grow was over I was convinced about the quality of the BioTabs line. The combination of an Autopot with BioTabs is soo easy and can almost be called cheating. If one follows the manual overfeeding is no issue and íf a deficiency creeps up, just add a dose of Silicium Flash...Damn here I go again... You know, I just LOVE the product :coffee:

Cheers @St. Tom You are too!

Qb

Right right, I think it was me. Don't know for sure, but it sounds like something I would say :)
Yeah, the soil can be reused. Remove the first 5cm's /2" from the top and cut out the stem beneath the soil and add some sort of enzyme product which will start digesting the starches in the roots followed by a dose Bactrex and Mycotrex...Wet the soil and keep it wet until you're ready to use it again so the bacterial cultures don't die off. If you have to keep the soil for longer periods then you'll have to add some Orgatrex once in a while to keep the mycelium fed. The bacteria will feast on the roots and provide the next plant with it's stored nutrients.

Another thing I'm trying with the soil from my tent is this...I dumped it in a bin and stacked it on top of my worm tower. That was a month and a half ago and the worms are feasting on the roots. I also dumped in the remainder of the Steinernema carpocapsae which I had left over from a Fungus Gnat infestation in the greenhouse which I hope will keep the soil clean from all other baddies...

Thank you for the rep brother. And thanks for the kind words :redface:
I know what you mean. I was sceptic at first to, coming from a pure chemical nutrient background. But before my first grow was over I was convinced about the quality of the BioTabs line. The combination of an Autopot with BioTabs is soo easy and can almost be called cheating. If one follows the manual overfeeding is no issue and íf a deficiency creeps up, just add a dose of Silicium Flash...Damn here I go again... You know, I just LOVE the product :coffee:

I might have to buy another biotabs starter pack at some point and have another go.

Cheers
Qb

Thanks bro also do you have a journal at the moment if so I'd love to tag along

I'm not growing at the moment. I'll be back in the game soon. Got to honour some commitments I made to Dutch Passion, Sawney and the living soils guys before I had to pack the tent up. I intend to keep my word.

I've had new lights and fans for a few months that have only been turned on to make sure they work. Next grow is going to be awesome with the tent packed full!

Qb

I'm not growing at the moment. I'll be back in the game soon. Got to honour some commitments I made to Dutch Passion, Sawney and the living soils guys before I had to pack the tent up. I intend to keep my word.

I've had new lights and fans for a few months that have only been turned on to make sure they work. Next grow is going to be awesome with the tent packed full!

Qb
I know you had to reevaluate but just take your time plus the vendors know you are very reliable and living where we do security is paramount anyhow speak soon my bro

Back