Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

Germination
Bubble Tricks
IMG_20230512_100456940.jpg

CGB Force is gonna have a fat main

IMG_20230512_100605234.jpg

Thanks @Sawney_bean
The CBG girl is stinking up that tent!.
A;; girls will get examined tomorrow. Sprayed with BT and then the flower compost tea. Mustartd seed comes in Monday., All but the seedlings will get the mustard seed. I think I'm gonna let that sit for at least 5 days before I do any other thing in top dressing. I just depends on how much root intrusion and the reaction to the flower compost tea.
Not gonna cover the top with the Montana silica. I could use DE to be a barrier. I don't like how crusty it can get.

Well, all the girls got the soil sprayed well with BT.

Each EarthBox got 1/2 gallon of the compost tea, with the exception of Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets. She still had water in the rez. I did add my homemade FFJ to the tea at 1oz/gal
Vitamints and Roor Beer Float were LIGHT. Vitamints dry down was ever so slightly under wilt. RBF was slightly more moist. That got me to thinking that I should add some water to the rez, so they would have clean nute free water and not be forced to take up the tea I added. I added a half gallon of plain water to ALL the girls. This will set them back on the regular schedule of water in the rez after a short dry.

Elephant got a fairly heavy defol. She was 70's bushy!!!:eyebrows: She got trained fairly well also. Didn't take solo pic after.
Here's the 4x4 group shot lights on at 6PM.
IMG_20230513_192641895.jpg
IMG_20230513_192647609.jpg

Here's Sweet CBD. She got a little :naughtystep: before going back in.
IMG_20230513_110628505.jpg

Here's crazy Vitamints!
IMG_20230513_120113341.jpg

Look at the bread tie she had to hold up her then 'feeble' seedling ass.:haha:.

IMG_20230513_113114865.jpg

Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets. got more training.
IMG_20230513_174606886.jpg

CBG Force is still growing upwards, thank God not the same rate.
IMG_20230513_180432479.jpg

2x4 group shot
IMG_20230513_182355056.jpg

Get ready fo crazy!
Yup Root Beer Float! Yeah, she's still growing up. I didn't put the training back on. She has a LOT!
She was the sole girl that NEEDS top dress amendments pretty quickly. QUITE extensive root intrusion into the nute mound. Mustard seed will be here Monday. With all the other girls, I'm just going to apply the mustard seed on top and put everything back together. With RBF, I'll measure out all my amendments and mix it all up with the mustard seed, but without the ewc. It will be laid out as the first layer, right on top of those feeder roots! EwC is always my first layer of amendments. It think it helps the roots go into the mound. It will be a pretty large amendment in volume. She WILL need it. I'll wet that down with my FFJ at the rate of 1oz/gal.
I knew she was gonna be a handful, but damn! LOL!
IMG_20230513_182634861.jpg
IMG_20230513_182652087.jpg
IMG_20230513_183208141.jpg
IMG_20230513_183346951.jpg

Last edited:
At 6:00 p.m. Sweet CBD and Vitamints, each received a gallon of plain water.
The 4x4 tent got a foliar feeding of Build a Bloom just under 1/4 tsp/1000ml. I also added aminos at the same rate.
Mainly doing this for Elephant and Sweet CBD. I think I'm having a magnesium uptake problem with those two. I think it's related to the gnat larvae attacking the root system. Examination of elephant this morning kind of leads me to believe this application was beneficial to her. There seems to be a deepening of her color and more even leaf color.
At midnight I hit the other girls with the same mixture. Root beer float and the Meph girl got a gallon of plain water each. The CBD girl will get a gallon of water sometime this morning. Well none of them exhibited any problems in the leaves. Root beer float needs a flower top dressing, but I can't do that until I get the ground mustard seed in today.
I don't think either one of my Earthbox regular girls we'll need a second top dressing for flower, by their size and current stage of growth and evidence by the root intrusion into the nutrient bank. I think the best thing for those two girls is to keep up with the root health. I'll continue with the foliar on Elephant as I top water with some things to stimulate root growth and health. Elephant is still in early flower and could easily see a good stretch if I can get her Roots better established or in better health.

Thanks @JM and @Lil Dab !
Even with the gnats and the problems and complications they added, it's been an interesting grow and I've learned things, maybe more if the mustard seed works well.
If my modded separator works as intended, to get that root and wicking area relationship established quicker with the larger size EB, it will be a useful tool. I don't think I'll utilize it all that much. It would have to be a girl that really has large demands, maybe like Knows Candy was.
I think Juniors are going to be my mainstay in growing, at least until I can have 4x4 beds of soil in an open environment. The Regulars take up a lot of real estate. I can add one more girl. It will still be a challenge to keep an even canopy with different strains, but where it will shine is when I find strains with proven medical effects I'm shooting for. Running the same strain from seed or clone will make things much easier.

I finally, damn procrastination, put the Oly compost in a tote and added some chicken laying crumble and EM1 bokashi a couple of days ago. Great action, but the gnats are definitely there. There was waaaaaaaaaay to much moisture in the Oly in the bag from BAS.....hence the gnats. I could have avoided the problem if I had just isolated it then treated. That's on me, but I'm not very happy getting it in that condition from BAS.
I really didn't care for the attitude of the one guy I contacted about the Oly. It wasn't really negative. It was more of an attitude of 'It's organics and this can happen with living soil'. Well DUH! I frigging know this! I've been doing organic longer that he's been living! LOL! I didn't say that, but it sure went thru muh head!
While that is true, I was mainly calling them to let them KNOW it was going on and if this was something being reported. I didn't get to the point of asking if all the bags were as HEAVY as mine. That was to find out if they were getting them bagged in this condition or if they got exposed to rain later on.
It IS quality compost. If it stains your hands, it's well decomposed!
I'm NOT using this compost any more in this grow. I'm thinking of mixing some of the COM lobster with it to bring the over all moisture content down a bit and maybe a little less compact. When the mustard seed comes in, I'll just sprinkle it on the top and see what it does.

Good activity from the feed and bohashi and bad with gnats hatching!
IMG_20230515_101710565.jpg

Just finished talking with BAS about the use of the mustard seed meal.
With the method I had figured out to add the mustard to all the top dressings, mix that all together and then spread it out was the best method to use the mustard in this case of my girls.
So it looks like all the girls, except for the seedlings, will get their second topdressing today.
I think the two regulars will only get COM Lobster compost with the mustard. There's plenty of flower nute in the nute bank for them. All the others will get the full treatment.
I'll measure it all out for each plant a mix it the same for each girl individually, with maybe more sheer bulk for Root Beer Float/ This stuff it supposedly pretty powerful, so I'm only going to use a teaspoon per plant. And that's taking into account there is some in Build a Flower.

Well, needing immediate top dressing Root Beer Float was the first to get the full treatment with the mustard seed to help control the gnats and flower top dressing.
The first to go down was a layer of EWC and moistened down.

All other ingredients were added to a big bowl and mixed fully.
3 solo cups of COM Lobster compost........could see some rove beetles and other good bugs.
1 normal cup of BAS Build A Flower.
One tea spoon of the Mustard seed
1/4 cup of the following:
BAS Craft blend
Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom
Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom Booster
Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow.

I'll use that same formula on all the others. It did make for a tight cover! It's probably overkill for CBD Haze. She'd probably make it without the added nutes, but I'm using it to distribute the Mustard seed for the gnats. The nutes will be there for the next grow.

With RBF, I wetted the mound a bit, replaced the cover and then retrained her again. She got her rez filled with plain humic water.
I'll get the 4x4 tent done after supper and will try to get the two Jrs in the 2x4 done at midnight.

Root Beer Float spread back out. What a beast!
IMG_20230515_165823332.jpg
IMG_20230515_165832885.jpg

Jeeeeez! Damn pain was KICKING my ASS last night! I finally finished this morning after 2AM. Hopefully that's the end of the remaining gnats!

The same procedures as above was done to all the other girls.

Vitamints got a little more defol. She is a 'busy' girl. Lots of side branching. I dunno if topping would make it worse. Anyone have input on that?

Vitamints, Sweet CBD, Elephant and CBG Force got the rez filled with plain humic acid water.

For most of the girls, that should be the last time they get amended. Any girl, probably Root Beer Float and maybe Vitamints, that needs further nutes in flower, it will be liquid spraying the mound.

Seedlings are doing well!
IMG_20230516_005043858.jpg
IMG_20230516_005050251.jpg
IMG_20230516_015842839.jpg

During one of the pain breaks, Meph emailed me with this week's drop. I was mainly looking at the new THC/CBD girl, Aunt Ginny’s Elixir. Like Lay's tater chips, I can't do just one. Nice Freebies in the line up too!

Untitled.png

Grow room gets a massive clean-up and reorganization today!.

Man! Last night/early this morning kicked my ass! :face: Grow room still a mess!:funny:

Speaking of messes, I think Root Beer Float might need some N. I see a tiny shade change. The tea I gave, did have a little N, with flower in mind, it should be reasonably available in a day or so. Nothing in the topdressing is available, other than little in the EWC. I think I'll hit her with some half-dose aminos and kelp foliar and see if she reacts favorably. I don't wanna fall behind with her. She may be one of those autos that will give you a testing time in a Junior. She is a PIG............and a half! A productive pig!:hump:
I wanna follow the foliar a bit. I have Blue gold Flower that has a fair amount of readily available N, it's powerful, but it means all the LST has to come down again. Nope! LOL! Not this soon and the media is too wet.

If That modded separator in the Regular works as expected, this damn girl would need will need half of a 4x4 tent.
It would probally be watesful AF, but I bet she could fill a 4x4 IF you hit the marks well. With that additional center wicking area, it wouldn't be to many days behind a Jr in getting the wicking area established well.

Oh look! A MOUse................Teddy is on Netflix:funny:

Hey Bill,

What's the water/humic blend you use? I might point @Entombed towards your thread here. He's emailed me a couple times asking a few questions. I told him to get on here and read some of the earthbox threads from you and fermented fruitz.

Back