Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

Sex
All EBs in the 4x4 got one gallon of humic acid water with EM1.
3 gal RainScience bags with the Twenty20 testers got watered with MC and Kelp. Total ppm for the MC was 450. Kelp was at the rate .5g/gal
Bubble Tricks in the 3gal RS bag has shown sex at 18 days!
Edit............. girls in the 3gal pts are seeing 320-345ppfd

Bubble Tricks
IMG_20230530_081847006.jpg

Double Bubble girls
IMG_20230530_081852098.jpg

Sure looks like she topped herself.
IMG_20230530_082007403_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My pain has been quite severe and distracting in documenting.

I'm liking the "Dry to significant weight loss" I've starting to use. I think, like regular pots, the girls benefit from a good dry down. I think filling the rez at the next light cycle after noticing it going dry, may not be always reliable.
4X4 TENT
All pics were taken just after foliar spraying!

With the new Twenty20 seedlings getting their feet under them more, I made another change to the environment and lowered the Rh of the lung room to 55% with the VPD running at 1.2kPa

Vitamints got a fairly heavy defol, at least by my standards. Air flow and light penetration were the defining points. I made the decision after speaking with Vet that grew commercially up in Oklahoma. It wasn't really anything he said. He came over to get a little package of 4 strains. @Twenty20 Adam He's another Ogre Berry fan that remarked on the B O or smelly socks smell on the exhalation. Everyone has made the same remark! LOL!:crying:
She was just the last girl that I didn't think I had a real good handle on in the control aspect. I think she is much better now and a bit more defined. Just simply the best thing to do. I'm happy with the results. She's shaping up to be a very good med producer. If you get a chance t see this, Is this her normal structure when not topped? I can deal with it very easily for sure. I'm a bit apprehensive in topping the next with how busy and bushy this one was, but fairly organized. I'm up for the challenge!:headbang:
View attachment 1598012View attachment 1598013

The Twenty20 testers are doing well, but the one in the 2x4 in the Earthbox has a bit of mutant in her. She came out fine, but oddities started popping out. It looks like the last oddity is seemingly topping herself. I'm just gonna let her do her thing. The other two in the gal pots are doing well. They got their first foliar kelp feeding this morning. They didn't like getting their 'doo' wet! LOL! They recovered quite nicely. At 16 days, I expect to be able to top in the next couple of days and for her to show sex. I think they are big enough to get fully watered and will give a light feed. of MC. Given my 180ppm tap water, I'm just gonna shoot for 300 total ppm.

View attachment 1598017View attachment 1598018View attachment 1598021
All other girls got BAS Build a blossom with a dose of aminos added to the remaining kelp spray with water added back to make 1000ml again.

Elephant keeps growing well with her more defined structure.
View attachment 1598015View attachment 1598016
Sweet CBD is still packing n the bud,.....a little rough, but looks like she'll make some meds in the end.
View attachment 1598014
CBD Haze is doing her thing and doing it well. With her doing this well after being hit so damn hard with the gnats her first few weeks of life. She should be a beast when presented with no problems! She'll get topped for sure when she's grown again.
View attachment 1598019View attachment 1598020

I thought about the concept of water stress and tested it across several grows, but there is a flaw in this idea. Organic or not, when you let the soil/medium dry out to the point of plant stress, your also causing a significant PH shift. It may or may not be as obvious in large containers but in pots less than 10 gallons, I've seen this cause serious PH damage. I think there is a fine line between minor water stress and damage to your plants. Personally, I didn't see a benefit to it in my experimenting with this.

I thought about the concept of water stress and tested it across several grows, but there is a flaw in this idea. Organic or not, when you let the soil/medium dry out to the point of plant stress, your also causing a significant PH shift. It may or may not be as obvious in large containers but in pots less than 10 gallons, I've seen this cause serious PH damage. I think there is a fine line between minor water stress and damage to your plants. Personally, I didn't see a benefit to it in my experimenting with this.
I almost hit that water stress level with RBF. The dry down I'm doing in the Earthbox is a bit different than a regular pot. The moisture level in the media of an Earthbox stays higher for a longer period of time than a conventional pot. The dry down I'm doing here, is to the same level as a regular pot. At least that's what I'm trying to target.
I get a base weight when I see the bottom of the has a glint of moisture, just a color change to dry. That's essentially the same as a fully watered regular pot. Memory weight is the best method to know when to water.

EarthBox recommendations must be directed at lazy people. They want you to keep the rez full. They even have fill kits to keep them full. That's probably why they recommend a HUGE amount of dolomite added to the media. :face:

Before 6pm yesterday, RBF got her rez filled. I probably should have only given her a half gallon. I haven't looked at it this morning, but if she's still heavy before lights out, I'll get her at midnight with the compost tea and flower feed.
I want to also try and get a good top watering on Vitamints, Elephant and Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets.

On the way to making the second cup of java, I checked the tents. RBF is almost dry, She might be ready by 6pm. All the others are ready.
Twenty20 testers loved their feed of MC and Kelp, even Ms Sensitive.

RBF is really stinking now. My alergies are kicking my ass, so I really can't pick it out, but it's funky AF. It sure AF isn't Root Beer! :funny:
How abut some crappy flash pics! This phone is so inconsistent! I'm just gonna have to breakdown and get a quality camera. The cheap camera is just as unreliable.
IMG_20230531_065537111.jpg
IMG_20230531_065553144.jpg
IMG_20230531_065623238.jpg

Before 6pm yesterday, RBF got her rez filled. I probably should have only given her a half gallon. I haven't looked at it this morning, but if she's still heavy before lights out, I'll get her at midnight with the compost tea and flower feed.
I want to also try and get a good top watering on Vitamints, Elephant and Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets.

On the way to making the second cup of java, I checked the tents. RBF is almost dry, She might be ready by 6pm. All the others are ready.
Twenty20 testers loved their feed of MC and Kelp, even Ms Sensitive.

RBF is really stinking now. My alergies are kicking my ass, so I really can't pick it out, but it's funky AF. It sure AF isn't Root Beer! :funny:
How abut some crappy flash pics! This phone is so inconsistent! I'm just gonna have to breakdown and get a quality camera. The cheap camera is just as unreliable.
View attachment 1598782View attachment 1598783View attachment 1598784
My RBF definitely does smell like Root Beer, and even moreso after a long cure. Cracking a jar all that settles on the nose is vanilla, safrole, and a touch of Pine...Mine is the S2.

:pass:

My RBF definitely does smell like Root Beer, and even moreso after a long cure. Cracking a jar all that settles on the nose is vanilla, safrole, and a touch of Pine...Mine is the S2.

:pass:
Did it go thru progressive smells? LOL! Whatever it is, she's gonna be pretty terpy!:headbang: It's definitely gonna test that carbon filter!

Did it go thru progressive smells? LOL! Whatever it is, she's gonna be pretty terpy!:headbang: It's definitely gonna test that carbon filter!
I'd say early to mid flower she had a bit of skunkiness that I thought for sure would hold , but eventually it was overcame by the prominent Safrole and is 100% undetectable in the final cured bud.

:d5:

I'd say early to mid flower she had a bit of skunkiness that I thought for sure would hold , but eventually it was overcame by the prominent Safrole and is 100% undetectable in the final cured bud.

:d5:
Yup! That's it! I'd say she's on target then. Even as frosty as she is, I think she is still in early flower. I'll know a bit more sometime today, when I pull back the cover to see the root intrusion into the nute mound. It wouldn't really surprise me if it's fully involved. LOL!
This feeding should show a bit of a visible result. Nute amendments will be both my FFJ and Blue Gold Flower.

Thanks for your first-hand input!:pass:...........Careful! That's Knows Candy! :baked:

Back