Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

Just did my morning check of the girls. I'm still very impressed with the performance of Vidamints. Just the sheer bulk of buds she is producing is quite amazing. And throw on top of that, it is very frosty cannabis and just ridiculously sticky!
She's at 72 days above ground now and the end of life fade has begun in earnest. I think her media will be dry enough today to hit her with a top watering of Build a Bloom and my FFJ as her last feed to keep her fattening up those beautiful buds. Some of those birds are destined for a cobbing experiment.

@Twenty20 Adam
I've yet to see anything or grown any strains from you that wasn't absolutely frosty as hell! The one thing I really like about this girl is not plainly evident by just looking at her. For her size and the amount of bud that she is producing, this girl is extremely efficient with her nutrients. Not sensitive nor excessively hungry! In my short time of growing cannabis, I think she's been the best producer and the easiest to grow. If she's good medicine for me or any of the Veterans I help, she's definitely gonna be one of my go-to girls for medicine. I'm glad I grew naturally and just opened her up with training. She's quite a producer in her natural form. I'm undoubtedly sending off the rosin for a cannabinoid profile. I'll be sure to send you a copy of the report.
With the way she branches, I really don't know if topping and heavy training will be more productive than her natural form. If the meds work, I think in the next auto run, I'll run two in the Regular Earthboxes with one natural and just opening up and the other planet on one end and pull over to the other with heavy training, with plenty of room for both.
You probably hear praise all the time about your hard work in making your strains, but it still needs to be said. I think Vidamints here's another feather in your cap and quite the home run! Man! Don't ever change your due diligence in your breeding methods!

With all this praise of Vidamints, she and her sister, Bubble Tricks, have highlighted my one problem in my 4x4 tent, light height. Most people in a 4x4 can't go with a 6 in exhaust fan,the corresponding carbon filter I went a bit overkill with an 8 inch fan and a huge carbon filter. That combination takes up a lot of real estate! I do have great air flow and I haven't changed the carbon filter yet! With the past light set ups I could raise lights up to the very top come but you just can't do that with this big O HLG light. The carbon filter just gets in the way. I do like ability to have a very nice bit of air flow. I really can't see changing that set up. It sure would not have been any problem in my old farmhouse with her high *ass ceilings. I could have added the extension to the Gorilla tent. Hopefully within the next year I won't have to worry about ceiling height, with a grow room being built in the shop.
Can you mount the filter outside the tent? You can stand it up on the floor and run a duct to it. They work just as well when the fan blows though it as when it draws through it.

Can you mount the filter outside the tent? You can stand it up on the floor and run a duct to it. They work just as well when the fan blows though it as when it draws through it.
It may work as well, but it just won't work as long. That prefilter takes out a lot of crap. It's the same one I've been using since the very beginning.

It may work as well, but it just won't work as long. That prefilter takes out a lot of crap. It's the same one I've been using since the very beginning.

I upgraded to a 6" AC fan for the exhaust from a 4", it required everything to be placed outside the cabinet(on top). I use 2 sheets of USED Bounce drier sheets clamped over the inlet to the exhaust, they act just like the prefilter and work great!!!

I upgraded to a 6" AC fan for the exhaust from a 4", it required everything to be placed outside the cabinet(on top). I use 2 sheets of USED Bounce drier sheets clamped over the inlet to the exhaust, they act just like the prefilter and work great!!!
Yeah man, I thought about something like that. If it was imperative to do, I'd probably make do with something like that.

The past 2 lighting setups we're not a problem. They can be moved up. I knew when I went to the big board style HLG, I couldn't really place it optimally like the other lights.

My mind won't let me run a filter like Les suggested. :funny: It's just something I can't be pragmatic about. It's just the way my brain works. It's not serious enough for me to be pragmatic.

I'm going to look at AC Infinity to see if I can find something that will fit better. I may have to go down to 6 inches same position as current to have a chance a fitting and letting me position the light. I can see doing that with the extra controls that the AC Infinity fan would offer.

On a different note, I just ordered all the stuff I need to do cobbing of some of the girls in this grow.

Anova Culinary AN400-US00 Nano Sous Vide Precision Cooker, 12.8" x 2.2" x 4.1", Black​

EVERIE Sous Vide Container 12 Quart EVC-12 with Collapsible Hinged Lid Compatible with Anova Nano or AN500-US00, Also Fits Instant Pot​

Anova Culinary ANVS01-US00 Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer, Includes 10 Precut Bags, For Sous Vide and Food Storage​

Anova Culinary Precision Vacuum Sealer Bag (Rolls),Clear,ANBR01​

Early flower 4 Bubble Tricks and Double Bubble
Well, it's been a mixed bag this week. A lot of good stuff and a little bit of bad. Not really bad, just disappointing.

The disappointing:
Root Beer Float is rapidly fading. Not quite what I thought she would turn out to be. She's just not an Earthbox junior kind of girl. Once I got behind on her, there was no real catching up. I think I may have gotten a little complacent with her dry down. By her voracious appetite for water and the same degree of a voracious appetite for food. I think the combination of all, along with me not letting her get to the detectable lightness in her consumption of water, with the proper dry down period.

All of that would disappear automatically, with the exception of the dry down period, when grown in a Regular Earthbox. I doubt very seriously if this girl could out eat and out grow in a Regular Earthbox. She will be the very first candidate for my modified Regular Earthbox. I'll break out the microscope and check the trichomes tomorrow.
I'm still happy as hell with the results! There's a serious amount of cannabis there and it does look like real frosty bud!
I'm just a little disappointed in how I handled her. She could have been much better. But best thing, I did learn something!:headbang:
Sweet CBD sort of flipped on me and went crazy. I suspect the same reasons as above, to a degree. I'm pretty sure it's something root related. She started growing extra large calyxes and trying to foxtail and just really mutate, I guess it's the best way to put it. She did have respectable tricom production and with the mutations it went to crap. Now, she was a mutant of sort early on, with her asymmetrical formation. It may just be a fluke or she may be a little sensitive to certain stresses. She has potential, so I'll give her another try on the next auto grow.

The Lotta Good !

Let's start with the young'uns!
Bubble Tricks and Double Bubble are doing outstanding in the three gallon pots! Both are doing incredibly well, but just love Bubble Tricks structure ! And I haven't touched her. All I've done is fed her! Double Bubble has a more squatty but very uniform structure and all I've done to her is cleaner bottom up a little bit and leaf tuck.
Double Bubble in the junior has a much more open structure. Now remember this is the one that seemed to top herself and then have three main structures. I have done nothing with her. I don't have the room to do anything to her. She's on her own. Her odd structure actually is a benefit. As always like I did it. Strange stuff when you're growing cannabis!:funny:Let's face it! Her self training just freaking works! Funny as hell! The only problem is she's not flowering. No signs. I don't know. At 37 days, that has me a bit concerned. Otherwise, she's doing beautifully!

:dancer:
I'm calling Early flower 4 Bubble Tricks and Double Bubble!

Elephant is just trucking along nicely! She got a little bit lighter last couple days than I want, but she's not dry enough to do a topical application that would be available and I feel she's too late in flower for a foliar feed. She's pounded on the buds too along with some nice frost! Very firm and hefty buds! Should be nice hash production.

CBD Haze is just trucking along doing her thing, fattening up the buds and looking pretty decent. I don't think she'll be around much longer, her buds are nice and firm.

CBG Force is doing OK. I suspect much the same reasons with heavy light stress added in.

Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets is looking simply fantastic and smelling delicious! She's frosting up quite nicely also. I think she's gonna be quite the taste treat!

Vidamints..................... What can I say? She is exceeding all my expectations! At 77 days, she's definitely got her fade going on with a very pretty purpling coming over things. She's still just as thirsty is ever and packing on the buds like crazy.

Root Beer Float

100_0739.JPG
100_0755.JPG
100_0757.JPG
100_0758.JPG

Sweet CBD

100_0748.JPG
100_0749.JPG

Bubble Tricks
100_0764.JPG

Double Bubble
100_0727.JPG

100_0746.JPG

Double Bubble in the Earthbox Junior
100_0753.JPG

Elephant
100_0730.JPG
100_0743.JPG

CBD Haze
100_0729.JPG
100_0747.JPG

Last edited:
Well two girls got water tonight. Vidamints and Elephant received regular humic acid water with EM1 and a little bit of insect FRASS ferment. With elephant getting 2 gallons.
Vidamints is still hard charging! Kinda amazing at this late stage! She's putting quite the effort into the buds!

Another fine producer of frosty buds is surely coming along extremely nicely is Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets. The trichomes are starting to pile up! I like it when you can see little white glistening pockets and rowe of trichomes all stacked and grouped together! She's still got a pretty good long time to go so it's gonna be an avalanche I think!:eyebrows:

I'm just gonna take a close look at CBG Force Sweet CBD. I think if I see any amber I'm gonna chop and put in freezer bags. Both exhibit the same type of large calyx coming out so it's time for them to go.
That means I gotta get the Mangoes N Chem shook tomorrow. Hopefully the store will have dry ice, they usually do. Gotta do it first thing in the morning! I'm gonna chill down the living room and do the shake there. The temperatures are exceedingly high in the afternoon so that's why early morning will be key.

Well, the trichomes were not there on either CBG Force or Sweet CBD to chop either.
Gonna try again this morning to find dry ice to do the shake on the Mangos N Chem that's in the freezer.

All Earthbox girls, except Elephant, got one gallon of plain water last night.

There's a lot of fade going on in the 4x4!
IMG_20230621_120115726.jpg

Bubble Tricks hiding her sister behind her.:eyebrows::biggrin:
IMG_20230621_120137081.jpg

I'm detecting an early issue in the leaves on Bubble Tricks, when I went to feed her last night. She was showing a bit of light stress and discoloring on lower leaves, so I pulled out my meter and it showed I need to pull back a little bit.
I couldn't calibrate either one of my cheap-ass PH pens, so I broke down and ordered the BlueLab.
I don't have a clue what the problem is. The other girl in the three gallon pot shows no signs of problems and she had the exact same feed, but Bubble Tricks is more heavy in flower.
I'll get some pictures of the leaves to see if you guys can help me figure out what the hell is going on.

All my stuff comes in today for the cobbing experiment!:eyebrows: That means breaking out the microscope again and hunting for Amber Lamps! This might be a pretty busy weekend with some chopping involved and moving around girls.

All I need is one chop to be able to move all the Twenty20 girls into one tent and give them more room. I just gotta play musical cannabis plants.

Back