Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

I love the Root Beer Float, she is banging it!
Yeah man! She's really on a rage! I did thin some of the small lower stuff last night, but she still has great airflow. She's just now getting some pistols showing up and bud site are popping up everywhere. I am surprised that with the growth, she hasn't got further into the nute mound. She seems to be an efficient feeder. I might be able to finish her without resorting to top water feeding in late flower, but she is gonna make quite a bit of canna. I hope I don't need to do that. It will be a pain to get to the cover and apply. I doubt if she'll come out of the tent until I chop her. She'll be too big in just a couple of days to do easily.
I'm adding another AC Infinity fan that came in yesterday to the tent.
As pretty as she looks, Vitamints has made quite the change in growth since Monday. She was 3 or4 inches shorter than Sweet CBD and now she's well above her.

Root Beer Float will be a massive beast in a Regular Earthbox with the modified media separator. Hopefully her bud will work for me or the Vets I help. If not, she'll make money to help more Vets and/or pay for new equipment to process the canna...........ExtractCraft Source Turbo Alcohol Extraction Machine is on the top of the list.

I failed to check CB Force for light last night. She's good or now at 600ppfd
Her little sister next to her started hollering at me. "I need more light, Daddy! You showed some :naughtystep: attention to everyone but me! Don't you love me?"

Now, how can I ignore that plea?:funny:
I raised up Mephisto Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets and gave her some good :naughtystep:
She's hitting just over 400ppfd now. She should just grow into the light a little bit at a time with more :naughtystep:.
IMG_20230504_103126070_HDR.jpg

Plants look great, Bill. I will definitely be interested in your review of the Source Turbo if you get one.
I met with a couple, husband and wife Vets, tonight. That was one of the many topics that came up. I've given them canna before and gave them 5 more strains to sample. They want to get me one to make the husband some meds. Best thing about the meeting was that he's s grower too, but commercially. It was in Ok and the beginning of what I called the Gold Rush and he agreed. They had a couple of grows when the prices were there. They're back home and have a thriving greenhouse business. They are not growing any canna and LOVE mine. He gifted me some seeds of his favorite strains and the ones that seem to help him. We're gonna do a little scratching each other's backs.
He is biding his time at the moment, but when it becomes legal here, med or rec, he's gonna try and hit the ground running. He and I are so much alike in growing canna. He can do hydro very well, but organics is where his heart is. When ever it becomes law, he said I'll have a new hang-out. He offered to use his service and send off my media for testing, so I can get it properly re-amended.
I'll definitely post up what I do with it

Jean-O CBD girl got 2 gallons with EM1 and CBG Force got a gallon of the same.

Elephant responded REALLY well to her training last night. I'm extremely pleased with that response.

Root Beer Float will be dry by morning, but amazingly, VitaMints has less water in her rez,. It probally explains her inch growth from yesterday. LOL! Some girls just surprise ya! I really didn't have much hope for her 2 weeks ago. I may regret not topping her! LOL!

Yeah, naturally RBFF was dry as well as VitaMints. VitaMints is coming back with just friggin insane vigor.
After I give them both a gallon, I'm gonna check the ppfd figures and see if I can increase it. Elephant is the least in development, so she's gonna be pushed a bit..
Water dished out, just plain humic acid water, and lights turned up on 4x4 and on RBF.
VitaMints was seeing 730ppfd and Elephant 600. Still not fully turned up fully.
The 200 Rspec got fully turned up and had to get lowered. RBF ended up seeing right at 700ppfd
Testing of the heat mat is finished. Seeds will be dropped in water at noon for a 12hr soak, then placed in Jiffy pots and into to the 2x4 in a domed starter with no mat with tent running at 81*F.. Let's hope this works! This is really the last chance of participating in the Twenty20 G&S. I'm sure Adam would send replacements, but I need to up the VPD on the remainder of the grow very soon.
With all the silly ass problems so far in this grow, I'm very pleased with the progress and very entertained with how the girls have grown, especially RBF and VitaMints. I think that's one of the best reasons to grow your own canna. Not only do your get meds for your ailments and a nice high for those wanting that, you get to see the amazing process unfold before you. It's the same pleasure I got from growing most of my and my family's food.

Shining star of the 4x4 tent!
Vitamints
IMG_20230505_084947499_HDR.jpg

Low heat was the issue. They sat in water for about 18hrs at 88-89*F. with cracking of all three and two tiny tails. Perfect tiny tails, not too big to worry about hurting when planting in the Jiffy pot.
I think I'm gonna like Jiffy pots. Easy planting and seems to keep wetness well. I put them in my seedling tray with a dome and put in the 2x4. I'm pretty sure they'll be up in a day or so.
I am just gonna dump the two 3gal bags back into the tote, mix up and moisten to proper levels. I think I'm going to get some Grassroots bags if I'm gonna run small bags. The RS bags would work well in some sort of bottom watering/feeding setup. They are just a pain to keep properly watered.
I watered one girl last night after 1AM, I was too tired and high to document and I don't know for sure who, Mephisto Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets makes sense.

A little before noon, naturally Root Beer Float was dry and so was VitaMints!
Water this morning was alfalfa and frass ferments and FPE extract at 1ml/gal. I think the FPE is making a good difference. It's pretty powereful!
Root Beer Float is going to have quite a lot of main colas. She's steadily progressing in flower and growth and bulking up is still going VERY well. She's just plain gorgeous!!!!:eyebrows::headbang:

VitaMints! Lord have mercy! The rate she is blowing up is just amazing!
Ya open up the tent and BAM!!!
She's in yo face!!!!!!!!!!

:what?:
:what?::what?:

:what?::what?::what?::what?::what?:
It will be interesting to see her structure when trained differently or topped and trained. Just from what I've seen in the last week and her current size, she is most certainly a very viable Regular EarthBox girl.

I'd run her two different ways.

In a Regular stock box, I'd plant on one end and just pull over the top main cola to the other end. That worked well with AVT.

In a modified media separator, I'd plant her in the center, where the added wicking is located, then topped and well trained

Other than planting any Twenty20 that may pop up today.....can see one trying to come up.....Vitamints and RBF need some work.
Vitamints need some organization. With this crazy blowing up, I need to pick the winners and losers on her bottom structure, mainly. Not a lot of sucker branching, but she did a lot of branching period! She really needs more room.....I sure say that a lot in grows! Man! I need an open growroom!
I think Root Beer Float needs air flow defol. A lot of the branches have reached the sides of the tent and now are just going upwards. It is what it is. Only more room would help that. She's gonna be a pain getting out and back in. A 3x3 tent would be wonderful right now....and it will fit.

If I have the time, Elephant and the Meph girl in the 2x4 could use some more :naughtystep:Both showing nice structure from the topping.
I'l try to get some before and after with my two prima donna stars. Vitamints may be a bit of a challenge to pull off very well. We'll see. With the way she is raging, I could hit her pretty hard and she'd laugh at me. IF I had a good bit of worms in her, I'd hit her pretty hard and just put the leaves under the cover for the worms.

I think I'll go ahead a do my kelp foliar feed here in a bit and let them dry and comeback before I breakout the whip.

Vitamints and Root Beer Float got their bottoms cleaned up for airflow and removal of small branches.
Elephant and Mephisto Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets received more training.
Root Beer Float and CGB Force got a gallon each this morning. Vitamints and Sweet CBD gt a gallon each at 6PM. Elephant only got a half gallon. She’ll get her two gallons sometime tomorrow.
Mephisto Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets will get a gallon at midnight, but it will have to be filtered water. I didn't fill up a bucket last night!:face:

Vitamints
IMG_20230507_083719867.jpg

IMG_20230507_085730722.jpg

Root Beer Float
IMG_20230507_110323835.jpg
IMG_20230507_112028695.jpg
IMG_20230507_113855454_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_113906794_HDR.jpg

4x4 tent
IMG_20230507_085702703_HDR.jpg

Sweet CBD flowering very nicely. I think she's the one starting to stink up the place!
IMG_20230507_085713161_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_085727792.jpg

Jean-O's CBD Haze
IMG_20230507_085719268.jpg
IMG_20230507_085734890_HDR.jpg

2x4 tent
CGB Force
IMG_20230507_113925214_HDR.jpg

Mephisto Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets

IMG_20230507_083822923_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230507_113932090_HDR.jpg

We'll see if I have new babies at midnight. I need for them to be up soon and thriving as soon as possible. I really need to raise the VPD when they have a good foothold.

Midnight upgate:
No babies
Meph girl got her water.
Root Beer Float is still raging hard in stretch and the light had to be raised. She jumped up into a little over 900ppfd. She's sitting at 750ppfd

Attachments

• IMG_20230507_085521866.jpg
    IMG_20230507_085521866.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
DAY 44 FOR ROOT BEER FLOAT
After yesterday's clean-up of the girls, RBF grew up enough that I had to raise her light. I can see now that I have to make up my soft wire, Velcro tape and clam style clip for each outer major branches to get them against the sides of the tent of the tent again. They are all JUMPING upwards at a crazy rate and moving away from the side as it is growing up. The only downside is she won't be coming out until she's chopped.
She just a beast! And another two months to go......Jeeze!
Can you say "1pound Jr"?
IMG_20230508_075751433_HDR.jpg

Back