Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

My RBF was a heavy trichome producer. It's in her genes IMO.

:d5:
I KNEW she was gonna be frosty AF with how early she put out frost on the sugar leaves. When it hit the sugar leaves, it seemed to visually change in a matter of a coupe of days. It looked funky in the pics I took of the whole plant when editing them. It made me go take a closer look! LOL! That's when I found the beginnings of the avalanche that's coming. :eyebrows: :woohoo:

RBF was still too wet. I think I'll extend her light period a little and hit her right at 6pm.
Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggetsgot a half gallon f the compost tea. I added wettable mycos, Recharge, 1/2tsp Blue Gold Flower and 1tsp of my FFJ.
She got some more training. Good God this girl sure tried to 'get away' during the short time I had all her training off. You could almost see her moving upwards. LOL!

IMG_20230531_151624663.jpg

Vitamints got her half gallon of the concoction. I also gave her a layer of EWC and Lobster compost. Just thin layers was all I could apply. Root intrusion was fairly well involved. I was good to see that amount.
She got a bit of training after the cover was back on.
IMG_20230531_202223799.jpg
IMG_20230531_230346530.jpg

Elephant got her half gallon after I applied some EWC and lobster compost.. More training before she went back in the tent.
IMG_20230531_230353070_HDR.jpg

Both girls will need some more defol in a few days.
Pic of the Twenty girl thrown in because she is so pretty.
IMG_20230531_230358509_HDR.jpg

I think I'll turn on the lights a little early on RBF and take all the training off and let her sit for about 30 min. This will give her to close up a bit to make it easier to pull her out.

Update on RBF in a bit, if I'm not hurting too much.

Yeah. That's the last time she comes out until chop. I just don't see it. She is getting heavy and those are LONG stems that phat bud is developing on. I can't use cane poles set into the EB. I still have to remove the cver.
Mars doesn't make a cfm kit for the 2.3 tent, but if the poles are the same size, I could cut down a 3x3 kit. That would let me string something across it to supply support. Well....out of stock! Maybe I can do something with velcro tape.

The root intrusion into the second large top dressing was limited. The foliar and other top watering nutes seemed to take the load off the nute mound. Just what I had hoped. The media is one huge rootball though. Again, when pushing the media back from the side, you could feel and see how tightly bound together the roots have done to the media. I didn't put any training. Hopefully a little waving around will force her to thicken up her stems.

My arm hairs are sticky! :eyebrows: Like an over spray of paint!:biggrin:

DAY 68....................about a month to go!
IMG_20230601_004251549_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230601_004539855_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230601_004342915.jpg
IMG_20230601_004422410.jpg
IMG_20230601_004437325.jpg
IMG_20230601_004445429.jpg
IMG_20230601_004502828.jpg

Vidamints, Sweet CBD and CBD Haze got one gallon of humic acid and EM1 each and Elephant got two gallons. I could see a bit of darkening of Vidamints from the top watering.
Vidamints is about 60dys today. Website says Total Life Cycle: 75-85 days. I think she's gonna be towards the 85/
I sure hope her meds work me or someone else, because she looks like she will make plenty and and buds are getting pretty frosty!
IMG_20230601_224215588_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230601_224223933_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230601_224234509_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230601_225645145.jpg
IMG_20230601_225711352.jpg
IMG_20230601_225724243.jpg
IMG_20230601_225740388.jpg
IMG_20230601_225751754.jpg

I might regret topping Bubble Tricks! She is jumping! The topping with the volcanic tuft seems to be helping with moisture.
IMG_20230601_224104416_HDR.jpg

Root Beer Float and CBG Force got on gallon of same as above. Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets was too heavy. She'll get her water in the morning.

Root Beer Float got enough training to get those long stems to lay outwards and I could turn the light back up!
IMG_20230602_002255452_HDR.jpg

I moved up Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggetsup with another stand under her after she got her gallon of humic acid water with EM1
IMG_20230602_102246309_HDR.jpg

I have no idea what this little Twenty2 girls is gonna do. I'll just let her run.
IMG_20230602_102313326_HDR.jpg

I moved up Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggetsup with another stand under her after she got her gallon of humic acid water with EM1
View attachment 1599614
I have no idea what this little Twenty2 girls is gonna do. I'll just let her run.
View attachment 1599615
She looks like it snapping out of her issue. Have you talked with @Twenty20 Adam ? He seems to be very involved with his work and may have some insight into what's going on with her. I've had seedlings that did the exact same thing they started rough topped themselves and later took right off. I was always under the impression that it was because they were old seeds which was always the issue in my case it only seemed to happen when I would germinate seeds that were over 3 to 4 years old. I don't see Adam giving out old seeds however so I wouldn't think that is the case with this one. Possibly a seed that was over ripened during the breeding process. This usually makes an extra tough shell and adds extra time to the germination process but I haven't ever noticed it messing with seedlings. I can't say for sure but with everything ive seen this summer so far I'm curious as to if there is some natural influence going on causing issues with germination and seedlings. I've seen a ton of really good growers struggling this summer with germination and seedling issues...

She looks like it snapping out of her issue. Have you talked with @Twenty20 Adam ? He seems to be very involved with his work and may have some insight into what's going on with her. I've had seedlings that did the exact same thing they started rough topped themselves and later took right off. I was always under the impression that it was because they were old seeds which was always the issue in my case it only seemed to happen when I would germinate seeds that were over 3 to 4 years old. I don't see Adam giving out old seeds however so I wouldn't think that is the case with this one. Possibly a seed that was over ripened during the breeding process. This usually makes an extra tough shell and adds extra time to the germination process but I haven't ever noticed it messing with seedlings. I can't say for sure but with everything ive seen this summer so far I'm curious as to if there is some natural influence going on causing issues with germination and seedlings. I've seen a ton of really good growers struggling this summer with germination and seedling issues...
Yeah, Adam is always very helpful. I don't see it as much of a problem for me now, but I did want to document it.

Yeah, I have noticed various people having germ problems, as I did also. I'm fairly sure my problem was not enough heat when soaking.

Strange that the worst looking seedling at sprout of his testers, is the most vigorous in upwards growth today. She's gonna be an open structure girl. Her tent mate is gonna be bushy. The oddball girl in the Jr is on the verge of getting on the rez, so this coming week will be very telling. I don't think she's quite made up her mind yet if both are gonna dominate the top or not. I'm not gonna do anything in the way of topping. The structure is just not there and would only complicate it later in the grow.
IMG_20230603_083507367_HDR.jpg

I think I've just figured out a good solution to support your beast RBF. If I can find the netting I used on the Asian Haze, I think I can zip tie the corners and move it down. It's really stretchy and big squares. I can then tie the branches to the net with soft wire if they need it. I could then take 0ff all the lst training for easy access to the cover. She w0n't be coming out until chop.

I'm pretty certain that issue was resolved. No germination issues at all with that variety from our end and the rest of the g&s folks did great. I think we chalked it up to our of control heat mat

Checking the 3gal girls before lights out shows a need for more time. Top moisture seems better than without the topping. That's very good in Rain Science bags. I didn't have enough on hand to mix into the media when I potted up, but I should have added what I had. Added to the mix will improve moisture retention in Rain Science bags.

Root Beer Float is getting some heft to her. It makes it a little more difficult to see when she's dried down a bit. So has Vidamints, but to a lessor degree. I do like this method to determine when to fill the rez with EBs.
RBF is just plain stinking things up. She is gonna be terpy for sure.:cool1:

Back