Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

Are you seeing any decrease in your gnat issue?
Yeah, I knocked them down pretty hard. I'm gonna hit em with BTI again in a few days.

All girls were watered last night. Big girls were given 1000ml of water with humic acid at the rate of 1/8th tsp/5gal and EM1 at 1 ounce/gal in the rez. Small girls in Jrs were top watered with 250ml with another 250 in the rez. Girls in the Regulars were top watered with 250ml and 500ml in the rez.

RBF and Sweet CBD will get their first training today. I'm gonna look closely at them today and ponder topping them, but I'm tending to think of just letting them run naturally and just open them up.

No worries mate.
I'm very interested in this grow you have mate so I'm in. :d5:
It should be interesting in the end.
I'm exploring the 'other' cannabinoids and how to use them for different purposes.
Personally, I need more pain(joint, muscular and nerve) relief, but without being super 'stoned' when it's a bad pain day.
I'm also workin with 3 other Vets and maybe two more and their individual problems. I've been consulting with a recently retired research doctor with a good amount of cannabis studies. Our research in the US is severely lacking, and a lot of his help has been in generalities. Yeah, individuals react differently to canna, but he did give me a good direction to go. And he wanted me to keep in touch with my findings and offered to be available for any questions that may come up.
I'm helping them and they are helping me with their input. The endgame is to get my pain better controlled, so I can be more productive., but the bigger picture is information that I can use to help my brothers in arms deal with their lives. This is in hopes of legalization, bare minimum a REAL medical program, so I can help MORE of my fellow Veterans!

All irls in the two small tents got another dose of BTI. They also got a sprinkling of bokashi after wetting he top with water.
Did see a good return of compost mites and a few gnats, very few. The bokashi should help a bit with the compost mite numbers.

I went ahead and topped RBF. Just looking at her structure closely, led me to believe that was going to be the best route. I just spread out the lowers and tucked a few fans.
After lights on, Sweet CBD will get a close look. She has a more open structure.

Edit......I replaced the Lowes 12in fan that lasted one or two grows with the Wally World Mainstays 12" Model FT30-8MBW that is still running strong

Last edited:
Dammit @Jean-O !
Your RBF is a testy little slut!! I could have sworn I trained her some last evening! :funny:
Let's see what she does with those hormones with the topping.
She and the other big girl have already drank the 1000ml I gave them late last night, so they both will get it doubled at 6PM.

It's a damn shame all the other girls are not at the same level of development at the moment. They all are making outstanding progress and I'm feeling much more hopeful of their success, with the exception of the Meph girl in the 2x4. She did have a rough fight early on.
When the Twenty20 seeds arrive, I'm just gonna have to examine her closely to see if she is worthy of the scarce tent space. If she hasn't made drastic improvements, I'll just cull her from the earthbox and I'll have two earthbox spots for the Twenty20 girls. I could try to transplant her into a 3gal RS bag and let her run as one of the 3 bags I had intended to plant the Twenty20 seeds. I'm not really losing anything.

I'm happy with the progress and recovery of the girls in the 4x4!
I put out fresh glue traps to check the gnats. The one in RBF has three from a little over 24 hours.
IMG_20230418_200551683_HDR.jpg

Back