Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

4x4 tent
I thought I'd have to hit VitaMints pretty hard, but it was really pretty limited. She looks pretty bushy, but she's pretty efficient in the leaf department, so she just didn't need that much.
Elephant needed more, but I just defined the main colas better and removed some fans for bud exposure.
VitaMints, Sweet CBD and Elephant each got a gallon each of plain humic acid water with EM1 and Fermented insect frass.
IMG_20230524_210632539.jpg
IMG_20230524_210723167.jpg
IMG_20230524_220856569 (2).jpg
IMG_20230524_220910197.jpg

The Twenty20 babies got some more of the volcanic fluff added to the top and slowly watered it. I think the vast majority of the feeding/watering will be bottom watering. I don't think this with be a problem with the MegaCrop. It would be very slow top watering, but could be done if it's a must. What's your opinion @pop22 ?
It doesn't really form a hard crust like you think it might. Water is absorbed fair;y quickly. If it becomes a problem, I'll just mix it in a little at a time.
IMG_20230524_220902295.jpg

2x4 TENT
Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets got fairly much the same as Elephant, just a defining of the main colas and fan removal for bud exposure. She needed more cleaning of her bottom I think I got good results with some more sites exposed and colas more defined.
IMG_20230525_000859254_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230525_000910569_HDR.jpg

I have no idea what this Twenty20 has going on. I hope she grows outta it soon.
IMG_20230525_000919458_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230525_000935841_HDR.jpg

ROOT BEER FLOAT!!!
She's shown improvements with the foliar spraying. I'm gonna foliar feed some FFJ and aminos tomorrow.
She's a fair bit darker that the pic shows. The daily growth of the buds is easily seen with this girl at this stage. Pretty cool to watch!
IMG_20230525_001011404_HDR.jpg

4x4 tent
I thought I'd have to hit VitaMints pretty hard, but it was really pretty limited. She looks pretty bushy, but she's pretty efficient in the leaf department, so she just didn't need that much.
Elephant needed more, but I just defined the main colas better and removed some fans for bud exposure.
VitaMints, Sweet CBD and Elephant each got a gallon each of plain humic acid water with EM1 and Fermented insect frass.
View attachment 1596850View attachment 1596851View attachment 1596852View attachment 1596854
The Twenty20 babies got some more of the volcanic fluff added to the top and slowly watered it. I think the vast majority of the feeding/watering will be bottom watering. I don't think this with be a problem with the MegaCrop. It would be very slow top watering, but could be done if it's a must. What's your opinion @pop22 ?
It doesn't really form a hard crust like you think it might. Water is absorbed fair;y quickly. If it becomes a problem, I'll just mix it in a little at a time.
View attachment 1596853
2x4 TENT
Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets got fairly much the same as Elephant, just a defining of the main colas and fan removal for bud exposure. She needed more cleaning of her bottom I think I got good results with some more sites exposed and colas more defined.
View attachment 1596856View attachment 1596857

View attachment 1596858
View attachment 1596859
ROOT BEER FLOAT!!!
She's shown improvements with the foliar spraying. I'm gonna foliar feed some FFJ and aminos tomorrow.
She's a fair bit darker that the pic shows. The daily growth of the buds is easily seen with this girl at this stage. Pretty cool to watch!
View attachment 1596860
Looking very nice!

An interesting thing I've noticed since extending the dry down of the rez until a noted lightening of the box.
The Jrs, that I filled last night around midnight, are fully dry 12hrs later at noon. Root Beer Float was light. Light enough to be easily noted, but too light to wait until 6pm. She got a gallon of plain humic acid water. Let's see what she looks like at midnight. I expect to see a dry or very close to dry rez, but not light.
I expect 3 other Jrs to be light by midnight.
I think this will be better for the girls to get a good regular dry down. Ya just have to be attentive when they are drinking lots of water. Upper media is still maintaining a good moisture level.

4x4 tent
View attachment 1596850View attachment 1596851View attachment 1596852View attachment 1596854
View attachment 1596853
2x4 TENT
View attachment 1596856View attachment 1596857

View attachment 1596858
View attachment 1596859
ROOT BEER FLOAT!!!
View attachment 1596860
You'll be fine with the Megacrop. I've even tested using on organic soil. The soil had red wigglers in it and they were not affected in the least!

Well, RBF wasn't as dry as expected, but close.
Vitamints, CBG Force and Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets were light and gt their rez filled with humic acid water with insect frass

My pain has been quite severe and distracting in documenting.

I'm liking the "Dry to significant weight loss" I've starting to use. I think, like regular pots, the girls benefit from a good dry down. I think filling the rez at the next light cycle after noticing it going dry, may not be always reliable.
4X4 TENT
All pics were taken just after foliar spraying!

With the new Twenty20 seedlings getting their feet under them more, I made another change to the environment and lowered the Rh of the lung room to 55% with the VPD running at 1.2kPa

Vitamints got a fairly heavy defol, at least by my standards. Air flow and light penetration were the defining points. I made the decision after speaking with Vet that grew commercially up in Oklahoma. It wasn't really anything he said. He came over to get a little package of 4 strains. @Twenty20 Adam He's another Ogre Berry fan that remarked on the B O or smelly socks smell on the exhalation. Everyone has made the same remark! LOL!:crying:
She was just the last girl that I didn't think I had a real good handle on in the control aspect. I think she is much better now and a bit more defined. Just simply the best thing to do. I'm happy with the results. She's shaping up to be a very good med producer. If you get a chance t see this, Is this her normal structure when not topped? I can deal with it very easily for sure. I'm a bit apprehensive in topping the next with how busy and bushy this one was, but fairly organized. I'm up for the challenge!:headbang:
IMG_20230528_114314360_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114334935_HDR.jpg

The Twenty20 testers are doing well, but the one in the 2x4 in the Earthbox has a bit of mutant in her. She came out fine, but oddities started popping out. It looks like the last oddity is seemingly topping herself. I'm just gonna let her do her thing. The other two in the gal pots are doing well. They got their first foliar kelp feeding this morning. They didn't like getting their 'doo' wet! LOL! They recovered quite nicely. At 16 days, I expect to be able to top in the next couple of days and for her to show sex. I think they are big enough to get fully watered and will give a light feed. of MC. Given my 180ppm tap water, I'm just gonna shoot for 300 total ppm.

IMG_20230528_114446246_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114452026_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114505026_HDR.jpg

All other girls got BAS Build a blossom with a dose of aminos added to the remaining kelp spray with water added back to make 1000ml again.

Elephant keeps growing well with her more defined structure.
IMG_20230528_114358551_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114434290_HDR.jpg

Sweet CBD is still packing n the bud,.....a little rough, but looks like she'll make some meds in the end.
IMG_20230528_114342237_HDR.jpg

CBD Haze is doing her thing and doing it well. With her doing this well after being hit so damn hard with the gnats her first few weeks of life. She should be a beast when presented with no problems! She'll get topped for sure when she's grown again.
IMG_20230528_114457823_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114502377_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
2x4 TENT
All pics were taken just after foliar spraying!

The Twenty20 mutant.

I'm just going to let her run and do her thing.
IMG_20230528_114519961_HDR.jpg

GGB Force is doing nicely!
IMG_20230528_114529871_HDR.jpg

Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets looks better with her training and defol. She is VERY stout under that foliage! I'm hoping all those bud sites will form fat colas. She has the structure for it!
IMG_20230528_114534098.jpg
IMG_20230528_114538920.jpg

Last, but sure as hell not the least, Root Beer Float! Did she ever soak up the foliar spray!!!! I hit her first, and by the time I finished all the others, she was almost fully dry. She got hit several times. I'm happy as hell with her performance....DUH! I've resolved in my mind to d what's necessary to get her to the finish line in the best possible shape. I'm hoping once a week will be all I'll need to top water the flower nutes. It's just going to be a huge hassle with removing the training and cover, SLOWLY spraying the top, to keep the run off the mound to a minimum and then putting it all back together. I'm gonna hit her pretty hard with the nutes. I'll make some compost tea with the full array of the Roots Organic terp and flower teas, EWC, and COM Lobster compost, with Recharge the last couple of hours. To that tea, I'll aminos and most likely the Blue Gold Flower the first time. This will occur after the next dry down period in a few days. I'll be able to gage how often I'll need to do this by the root intrusion into the last heavy top dressing. The way she is eating and putting on the bud, I expect it t be fully involved.
Again.... @Jean-O What a beast ya made here! :headbang:

DAY 64

IMG_20230528_114553989_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230528_114602437.jpg
IMG_20230528_114628860.jpg

It seems Root Beer Float likes to surprise me. Last night, early this morning really, I checked her weight. It was close, but a bit heavy. On the way to making my second cup of coffee this morning, I check the girls. Very nice reaction in the babies to the kelp foliar. I really like the MC Kelp. A very light application shows results. It just smells right! You organic guys know what I'm talking about. With as many decades of organic farming under my belt, you develop a nose for these things. This hits the points with my nose!
Great change from the last version @Greenleaf Nutrients ! It works very well with a bit of aminos and some EM1. I like the soil drench also. Mixed with other things, it can get an Earthbox really fired up. Like the Mega Crop, VERY cost-effective product!
Anyway............. RBF was not quite as perky as she normally is. Yup! LIGHT! Not to wilt, but damn close. Maybe another 4-6hrs more. I gave her just plain water. I'm gonna start her tea this morning. It will probably be ready for the application on the Wed dry down period. I'm excited, but a bit apprehensive at looking at the root intrusion into the last heavy top dressing. I'm expecting it to be pretty damn full of roots. We'll see!
Between checking of the meat in the smoker...............bunch of piggy...........some time today, the youngsters will get their first full watering and feeding.
I'm doing what I'm almost always doing on Memorial Day. I smoke a bunch of meat! I started this when stationed in Pearl Harbor. It was the first time I had a home of my own and being in Pearl, it was a way of coming together with a bunch of my friends, meet new friends, in remembrance of our fallen brothers. Whenever not deployed and I was home, it was a big celebration. 0ne year, it was like a huge block party. Those were the days!

edit..........I d think the Twenty20 tester in the EB is starting to come out of her strange growth pattern, as best as she can do.I think she will continue with the self-induced twin tops. They look like close to where you woud top, but I need to check her closely. Might be a good time to try topping those tops, especially if her current structure doesn't break the main cola dominance. She could turn out to be a very interesting girl.

Last edited:
Back