Lighting Wild Bill's first med grow with CBD, THC/CBD and CBG girls under HLG DIABLO 650R and new HLG 200 Rspec

It's that time again!
Shake Shake Shake!
Shake Shake Shake!

Shake Yo Canna!

Well, the store finally got some dry ice in! I have been putting off shaking Mangoes N Chem for a while. I have no idea why! Good idea

She turned out to be quite the producer! And naturally, the entire house reeks! But it's definitely a sweet smell!:headbang: I did make some procedural changes that I will definitely utilize in the next shakes!

You know, there is something to that old saying, "Necessity is The Father of Invention"! I had never picked up fresh dry ice at this store. One bag/block was definitely not gonna do it, so I definitely had to get 2. I had to bust it up quite a bit at the store to get it to fit in my cooler. The look of the young little checker was priceless!:funny:I had never had that much dry ice in this little cooler. That will come into play in my ordeal of getting this done tonight.

I thought that I got everything arranged before I left going to the store, where I could just jump into shaking the cannabis. I had no idea where I had placed my heavy duty scissors when I used to chop up the buds. Mangoes N Chem made some absolutely huge buds.

So the only thing I could do on the first round was break it up by hand! It was still fairly well frozen but at residential freezer temperatures. After I got the material in the bubble bowls added the dry ice and let it set for quite a while. While that was getting cold, I put the remainder of the bag on top of the first layer of ice in the cooler and put the remainder of the first bag on top of it.

After that first shake was over with and I dumped out the material and recovered a bunch of the dry ice for the next shake. Well, the canna sitting in the cooler was quite frozen! While still in the freezer bag I could just squeeze the chunky buds and they broke down quite easily! Oh yeah that was quite nice! No more scissors are needed!!!!!!

I do think it helped with quality production. First shake production was really good! I checked the first shakes down to two minutes and 30 seconds. This time frame assures a quality product. Second shakes were on to big back platters. One of the important changes I made, was to collect the material from the bowels immediately after lifting the top bowl off and placing it over another bowl temporarily. this made collecting of the material a lot easier and less sticky.

All of the first shake was collected and placed on the same kind of black platters. I just collected and added all the shake from the bowls. All of this is going to get squished. If I had purchased the molds, I would probably go ahead and make some temple balls with trying a new technique, a little bit of cheating, just to kind of get the ball rolling a little quicker and making temple balls.

I'll see how much second shake material I have tomorrow, once it dries . I may make some MCT oil with it,as one of the things.

I'm very happy with the production I got from Night Owl's Mangoes N Chem!

All of the work material is on a big aluminum tray in the grow room with a fan lightly blowing over it. Still lots of dry ice mixed in, some of the girls are getting a little increase of CO2. This method was a little wasteful in dry ice with the amount that I got, but I think it was worth using it to keep the bud extremely frozen. The rest of the dry ice is still in the chest, but it's sitting there in the grow room giving the girls a little bit of additional CO2

I'll stir it a little bit before I go to bed and then when I get up I will stir more until it's nice and dry. After it gets dry, I will put it in the Ardent FX and run it through all the cycles of D carb and infuse until everything's worked, utilizing the same oil and adding make up oil in between infusing. It will come out with some very potent coconut oil! My my vet buddy in Dallas is afraid of his that I gave him!:funny:

Mangoes N Chem's big buds!
IMG_20230623_200011702.jpg

I think this stainless steel bowl has an odd visual effect!
IMG_20230623_192029248.jpg
IMG_20230623_191956756.jpg

Here's all the first shake!
IMG_20230623_212845696.jpg

I think for one of "Those days", things worked out pretty well

edit........... Yes you see purple buds

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_192029248.jpg
    IMG_20230623_192029248.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
The second shake turns out to be a considerable amount. What is to be just slightly less than the first shake amount and really just as good quality . There's no color change whatsoever to this material.
Tomorrow I will try to get the first shake all squished up. I'm gonna try a little bit different method in extracting the Rosin this time. It will be a little bit more difficult with the mini since it has no pressure gauge. But I saw nugsmasher the other day do an extraction on some hash and used incremental pressure and temperature raising and ran for 6 minutes.

I'll bag up all the first shake and cold prepress it to get the final size. The downside is that I can only do 4 grams at a time. I think it might be time to think about an upgrade, lol! If I did upgrade, it would only be one step up to the one with the gauge.

Well, I pulled Sweet CBD and CBG Force and place them in my dark room walk in closet. Both are destined for freezer bags and in the freezer.

This allowed me to move around some girls, so we have some new housing situations.

All the Twenty20 girls got placed in a 2 by 4 tent. I still don't know what Bubble Tricks problem is, but I think the move will help with a little bit lower light load. She's had the same feed as the other girl. The only thing I can think of is she got too much of a dry down. Now, she really is packing the bud on and that could be contributing. The move to the two by four tent resulted in the lower light exposure of just over 500ppfd

Now you can see the difference between the Earthbox and the 3 gallon Rain Science Double Bubble girls( center and right). Earthbox girl has only five finger leaves. She's still pretty slow in kicking in on flowering.
IMG_20230625_030438752_HDR.jpg

The move gave me a little bit more flexibility in the 4x4 tent. I moved around Vidamints to little bit better exposure on more of her beds. That's really the only problem I've had with her is giving her a enough room and exposure. Her production would be quite improved if I had been able to give her better exposure. She still is going to make a hell of a lot!

With the move Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets is now seeing 780 ppfd. This is turned out to be one sticky stinky girl! When trying to see the water levels in the earth boxes she stunk up and trying to grab a hold of my ZZTop-like beard. It was like I had put some sticky freeze gel in my beard! She's gonna make some great flower!
IMG_20230625_030419565_HDR.jpg

The microscope and just got a complete mixed bag! I was getting lots of ambers in the quicker maturing areas and a fair amount in the slower maturing areas, but I was still getting a lot of clears in the other areas. There are lots of cloudy. I think what I'll do is just wait until I see a bit more ambers in these lower maturing areas and take no matter if I still have clears or not. And that goes for all the close to chop girls.
2023_06_25_02_01_46_102.png
2023_06_25_02_02_21_515.png
2023_06_25_02_03_45_801.png
2023_06_25_02_03_58_576.png
2023_06_25_02_04_08_835.png
2023_06_25_02_05_22_399.png
2023_06_25_02_05_34_654.png
2023_06_25_02_06_38_439.png
2023_06_25_02_07_01_622.png
2023_06_25_02_07_04_852.png
2023_06_25_02_07_12_718.png

All girls got fed and watered! I really don't see the more mature girls lasting to next Sunday.
The worked dry ice material is now dry enough to start to process. It will probably take most of the rest of the day and well into the night. I guess probably 2 rounds of decarb and infuse. I'll just add that to the Green Dragon I have left.

Last edited:
I tried a dry ice press yesterday that was increasing in temperature and pressure over 6 minutes. Starting temperature was 135*F with the ending pressure of 175*F
you would think it was an ice water hash with how blonde it was coming out. I didn't stir it or anything like that. Once I pulled it off the parchment paper, which was stupid easy, I put it in my glass jar and took enough off to load into my Swordfish.
I'm warming it right now and a seed of hot water so I can stir it and then put it into the refrigerator for a couple of days to see how well it does.

I loaded everything up yesterday in 37 Micron bags, sized the bag and hand pressed to set the size and then cold press them in the press two further set bag size. I think that pre-pressing helps with the heat transfer.

Here's what I had with just the hand press.
IMG_20230625_191508998.jpg

I smoked some of the hash the night I shook it. This was Mangoes N Chem. I thought it tasted more like cantaloupes, but the taste was there and quite strong. The pressing procedure did change the taste a bit. The mango/cantaloupe taste was diminished a little bit and the chem came out a bit more. Even though its structure of the girl was quite indica, I think the effect lean more toward a sativa. Kind of an unusual high. Really hard to pinpoint a stand out quality. I don't know how to explain it, but it was definitely different. Absolutely no damn couch lock whatsoever. I guess I can't say one standout quality was the rush on a big hit. It was definitely quite nice!

Using this method, I think I got a better quality rosin and an improvement in production.
Edit..... The green dragon in the ardent FX is now on its final infusion and is now in the cooldown period. When the cycle ends, a cannacoffee is in order as a test!

Last edited:
Well, Sweet CBD and CBG Force are in the freezer.
CBG Force is a pretty big disappointment.
Sweet CBD is a bit better and actually did make some decent bud that should work well with an extraction. Flower would be out of the question, though.
I'll take the lion share other responsibility for the outcome . I think I know where I did things that the girls didn't like. I think the biggest thing was the dry down.
I will try them again on the next auto run and definitely pay attention to what made them really sensitive. At least that's what I hope was the problem.

Smoke report on Mangoes N Chem live rosin:
First thing, this is a bit of an odd high. The rush on the hit can be quite strong, quite enjoyable. It's a subtle high. Not a whole lot of body high, but there does seem to be some pain relief. Cerebrally, it comes on slowly. I think I'm seeing from increased focus ability. Didn't get really tired while active. Only got a little sleepy after laying down for a bit to relieve a little bit of tension.
Even with the low starting temp and ending temp still fairly low, I did lose a slight bit of the mango flavor, but the chem taste did increase some. It was a noticeable difference from smoking the hash. It was fairly slight. Good stuff! Might be able to vape a fair amount was maybe later some CBD mixed in. Might be a good experiment.
I have eight more pressings before I can do anything else with the girls.

The girls! Everybody in the 4x4 tent are getting close. Vidamints and CBD Haze or neck and neck with Elephant close behind. Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets probably has at least 10 more days and she's packing on the frost.
Root Beer Float is just waiting on me to finish the pressing. I'll be taking some of her to do my first cobbing experiment. The remainder will be dry ice hash for more live rosin. We'll see what she has to offer by herself and then mixed with something else. I really wish Vidamints was ready now, so I could do cobbing with both. Oh really, if any of the other girls are ready, I'll just do them at the same time.

IT'S
tumblr_mnu1zk5rot1rsm741o1_250.gif
TIME!
THE 4X4
100_0778.JPG

Forgotten Cookies X Strawberry Nuggets
100_0765.JPG
100_0766.JPG

100_0769.JPG
100_0772.JPG
100_0781.JPG

Vidamints
100_0767.JPG
100_0768.JPG
100_0773.JPG
100_0774.JPG
100_0780.JPG

ELEPHANT
100_0782.JPG
100_0789.JPG

CBD HAZE
100_0784.JPG
100_0788.JPG

Root Beer Float
100_0790.JPG
100_0791.JPG

Bubble Tricks
100_0792.JPG

Double Bubble EB
100_0794.JPG

Double Bubble
100_0793.JPG
I really don't know what the problem could be with Bubble Tricks. The only thing that I can think of is her dry down was too much. I did not feel one that was too light. Maybe she's hungry? I got my new pH meter in so I'm gonna recheck that, but I don't think it's it. The feed rate has been exactly the same as the other three gallon pot. Hovering around 500-550 each watering With MC. I think I'll be able to feed tonight, so i'm gonna do something for her roots along with a feeding and probably hit her with some recharge. I don't know where this purpling is coming from.
Maybe she's just hungry with the amount of buds she's packing on and the rate?????
Maybe it was a combination with the high ppfd while in the 4x4 tent.
100_0795.JPG
100_0796.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks @N/A-Greengo !
I just need to get a better camera! These were with the little camera I bought last year, but it's just not very consistent. Those pictures just don't do them any justice at all!
a decent camera we'll just have to wait. There's a lot more canna tools that are higher up on the want/need list.

Well, I sampled the Green Dragon from this latest infusions. Yeah, it's quite a bit more powerful! I'm quite happy with the results.

Bamboo sushi rolling mats come in Friday, so I will be attempting my first cobbing that day! That means trich checks are in order today! I'm pretty sure I'm taking down Root Beer Float and taking part of her for cobbing.

Any other girl that is ready for harvest will be taken down, and a part will be taken for cobbing.
Trich pics t follow!

TRICH P0RN!!!!
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

2023_06_28_12_04_29_463.png
2023_06_28_12_05_25_246.png
2023_06_28_12_05_36_408.png
2023_06_28_12_05_56_186.png
2023_06_28_12_06_37_223.png
2023_06_28_12_06_45_935.png
2023_06_28_12_06_57_853.png
2023_06_28_12_08_06_280.png
2023_06_28_12_08_23_373.png
2023_06_28_12_08_26_488.png
2023_06_28_12_08_33_415.png
2023_06_28_12_08_50_735.png
2023_06_28_12_16_34_724.png

2023_06_28_12_16_49_213.png

Well that was another mixed bag of trichomes. More opaque and more amber, but still a fair amount of clear. And the shape is just not there either. Now root beer float! She is ready!
I do have to say that I am being pleasantly surprised with the amount of trichomes and quality bud production coming from CBD HaZE. Very firm buds !
@Jean-O is this girl a mix THC CBD girl or pretty much just CBD? I would consider her for flower but I don't want to have a sole CBD or low THC mixed CBD for flower. I'll make live rosin out of that, so I can mix with other rosin.
Note the large silhouetted trichome in the center of the picture, kinda by itself.
Note the bulbous shape. Most all the other areas are at the same amount of ripeness and shape.

2023_06_28_12_17_29_508.png

Back